Chapter Thirty Seven

Taking in a deep breath as I wake up, I bring my hands up to my face in an attempt to rub some of the sleep out of my eyes before letting out a small groan and stretching out my arms.

"Ow,"

The voice emerges rather quietly from beside me, and I quickly retract my hand back after it comes in contact with the face that the voice likely belongs to. As I quickly roll around to face them, I'm met with Margot May's signature smirk, which instantly brings a small smile to my face.

"What a considerate wake-up call," Margot says in a sleepy voice that I can't help but find adorable.

"Nothing but the best for you," I reply to her in a rather playful tone that she almost instantly rolls her eyes at. However, as her eyes return to mine, we both go silent and it's only then that the memories from last night reappear in my mind.

"Shit," I say quietly, breaking eye contact with the girl as I let out a small sigh.

"What?"

Bringing my eyes back to meet Margot's, I can't help but allow a goofy smile to slip onto my face.

"Shit," I say louder this time before letting out a small laugh. Margot just opts to shoot me a confused look as a response this time.

"We...." I trail off as I glance down at Margot's lips as if the gesture could finish my sentence.

"Did you forget how to finish a sentence?" Margot asks me as she raises her eyebrows.

"No. We-" I begin my attempt to explain, but the smile that slips onto my face cuts me off.

"Those two words unfortunately enough still didn't form a sentence, smiley," Margot says with a smirk.

"Smartass," I say with an eye roll.

"Dumbass," Margot responds with a raised eyebrow. We both go silent yet again as Margot waits for me to finish the sentence that I'm clearly feeling too awkward about completing. I mean, what if it was just a dream? Or what if Margot doesn't even remember it and this sentence crosses the line for us all over again?

"So we kissed," Margot finishes for me. My cheeks instantly heat up at her words as I nod slowly.

"Do you regret it?" Margot asks me, her voice softer with these words as if anticipating some sort of rejection.

"No!" I hurriedly say in response. Clearing my throat, I shake my head as I sit up so that my back is pressed against the headboard of my bed.

"No, I don't regret it," I say more calmly as Margot follows my lead and sits up beside me. Margot smiles softly as she nods at my words.

"Good. Because I don't either,"

And with those words, she takes my hand into hers and gives it a squeeze which almost instantly makes my heart flutter. As I glance up from staring at our now connected hands, I take in her messy yet still captivating appearance. Her hair is sticking out every which way, clearly with no rhyme or reason and yet it just looks adorable. The blemishes she has are no longer covered by any type of makeup and I can't help but be in awe of how natural Margot's beauty actually is, as even what society deems as imperfect is able to add up to a composition that you wholly can't take your eyes off of.

Her dark brown eyes sparkle with a sort of amusement as she stares back at me, likely taking in how much of a mess I look at this hour and hopefully finding some sort of beauty that will make her want to stay.

I could kiss her right now. I want to kiss her right now. But I also have a question at the forefront of my mind that's eagerly awaiting to be answered.