Chapter Two

"Hey, Aspen," Naomi says excitedly as she leans against the locker next to me. I let out a groan at her words and shake my head.

"No. Don't do that,"

"What?" she asks, looking over at me, obviously confused as to what I'm talking about.

"Talk," I respond.

"Why? Did I do something? Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for whatever it is. Sometimes I do things without thinking and-"

"Nope. Not mad. Just hungover,"

Her light blue eyes widen slightly at my response, but she recovers pretty quickly.

"Oh. Ok. Then I guess I'll be quiet,"

I nod at her words and internally let out a sigh of relief. That's all I wanted.

"But seriously, Aspen. Who the heck goes to a party on a Thursday night? I mean, seriously, you couldn't have waited one more day? And then you obviously got extremely drunk at said party. I mean, what is up with you and the drinking? Honestly, at the rate you're going, it could become a problem, if it hasn't already that is. Aspen, I'm getting seriously worried...."

With each word that she utters, it feels as though my head is being slammed up against a brick wall, repeatedly. I just have to wait out the bell, which should only be a couple more minutes. Then, I can just go to class and wait for the Motrin to fully kick in. Closing my eyes, I rest my head back against the locker and attempt to tune Naomi out. On a normal occasion I would probably feel bad about doing something like this, but today I can't help but to not give a shit.

After what seems like an eternity, but what is most likely closer to about two minutes, the bell rings, signaling that it's time for students to begin to make their way to first hour.

As I enter the classroom to my first hour class, I immediately notice Tori sitting in the far back corner of the classroom with her head in her hands. Her being hungover makes me feel slightly better about myself at least.

Tori lets out an annoyed groan as I sit down at the desk in front of her, and I just have to assume it's a result of any sound that I made.

"I swear to god, Mason. I just don't have the time or enough fucks left to give to deal with you right now," Tori says sharply, not even looking up to see that I'm not whoever this Mason guy is.

"Well, I guess I'll be sitting somewhere else today," I tell her rather sarcastically. Her head instantly snaps up, and her dark brown eyes widen when she sees me.

"Oh, shit. Aspen. I'm so so so sorry. I thought you were someone else.... and the pounding headache obviously doesn't help,"

"Yeah, Naomi kept trying to talk to me this morning and sometimes I hate that she doesn't get drunk with us, solely because she doesn't have to suffer the next day. I love her, but whoever isn't with us is against us, and that applies in this situation,"

Tori nods her head in agreement.

"Who's this Mason guy?" I ask her, raising one eyebrow.

"Oh, it's just some guy from the hockey team.... or at least I think he's on the hockey team. We made out at a party a week ago or so and he's been pestering me ever since. He's cute and all, but being in a relationship would be so much work. I mean, for one, I can't just kiss or flirt with whoever the fuck I want. For two.... well, I guess there's only one point,"

"Relationships aren't that bad," I say with an eye roll.

"Oh, come on. You haven't dated anyone in forever. You're one to talk,"