Chapter Twenty

"Her first day off of school and my little sister doesn't even want to spend time with me. What did I even come home for?" Alex says as though he's surprised by my actions.

"I already told Naomi and Tori that I'd be at the party tonight, and I honestly know that after a couple days with you I'll be asking when we're going to ship you back. Now, would you rather that happen sooner or later?" I ask, not even looking at my brother as I grab my phone and keys and walk out of my room, closing the door behind me.

"Cruel much?"

I just shrug, knowing that he knows I'm just kidding.

"Well, don't do anything I wouldn't do," Alex tells me as we walk down the stairs and up to the front door.

"That's an extremely low bar," I say flatly. He just shrugs and says goodbye before he begins to walk back through the hall towards the kitchen, leaving me standing alone at the front door as I tug my coat onto my shoulders.

As I slide into my car, I feel my phone buzz in my back pocket, prompting me to pull it out and check it as I close the door behind me.

Ivy: Hey, you up for hanging out tonight?

Me: Shit. I'm sorry. I promised Tori and Nao that I'd be at a party tonight.

Ivy: Oh, well maybe another time then?

Me: Or you could come to the party....

Ivy: I don't know....

Me: Nope. I'm already on my way to get you.

Ivy: You better not be texting while driving!

Me: ;)

Ivy:

Me: I'm not. Don't worry. I'm leaving my house now though, so I'll see you in a few minutes.

As I pull into the driveway of Ivy's house, I don't even have to send her a text that I'm here as she almost instantly walks out the front door, clearly having been standing there watching for me. My heart warms at the sentiment.

"You ready?" I ask her in a rather sarcastic tone, knowing that a party isn't exactly her scene which almost makes me wonder why she didn't put up a fight on whether or not she would actually let me bring her along.

Ivy just gives me a flat stare and then turns to look out the window, a signal for me to start driving.

We both stay silent for a few minutes before I make the move to turn on some music, specifically some One Direction, one band that she's clearly a closeted fan of. Smiles form on our faces as we both sing the words we know by heart, Ivy always slightly off key which just adds to the overall cuteness.

As we pull up to the house that the party is supposed to be at, I definitely don't miss the frown that takes over her face as the music turns off. And as she gets out of the car, I also don't miss her shivering which prompts me to walk over and wrap an arm around her, earning me a grateful smile.

"Are you sure you're ok with being here?" I double check with her before we walk through the door. She nods with a smile before stepping forward and opening the door for me.

As soon as I step through the doorway, I almost immediately spot Tori standing with Naomi by the drinks and grab Ivy's hand as to tug her through the crowds towards them.

"Ivy! I didn't know you were coming!" Naomi says excitedly with a smile as she spots my best friend.

"Come on, Nao. They're practically attached at the hip. If Aspen's somewhere, so is Ivy," Tori tells her rather coherently, clearly not having been at the party too long yet.