Chapter Six

"You never actually explained why we're here," I say nervously, looking around the dark parking lot as Margot unlocks the door to the school. Naomi surprisingly didn't question me too much when I asked for the key once I told her that I needed it for cheer. I suppose being team captain has its perks.

"I didn't?"

"No. So what are we doing here?" I ask her, crossing my arms over my chest as I tow behind her, walking into the school.

"I guess you could call it revenge,"

"Revenge? I swear to god, Margot. If this is some evil plot, I don't want to be involved,"

"What?"

"I don't know. I barely know you so I can't exactly rule it out. For all I know, you could be an absolute psychopath who's going to murder me in this high school and then frame it on whoever you're trying to get revenge on,"

"Wow, you've figured out my entire evil plan. Whatever will I do?" Margot says sarcastically as she continues to walk through the halls. I follow close behind.

"Ok. So I may be exaggerating a little bit, but I would still like to know what we're doing here,"

"Alright. Well if you must know, we are getting revenge on my ex," Margot says as we suddenly stop in front of a cluster of lockers.

"I hope there's good reasoning for this outside of you 'just felt like it',"

"Well, if you count him cheating on me the entire time we were together as a good reason for revenge, then sure. It's a good reason,"

My eyes go wide as I just stare at her in awe. How could anyone ever cheat on her? Am I missing something?

"Well he's dumb," I blurt out.

"What?" Margot snaps around to look at me. I smile warily at her.

"I mean, you're one of the prettiest girls I've ever met," I explain, though I can't help but think about Ivy as the words escape my lips, "and I haven't even hung out with you that long, but I can tell that your personality isn't too terrible."

She raises an eyebrow at me as a smirk finds its way onto her lips.

"Besides, if he knew you at all, then he just had to be dumb to overlook the extremely high possibility that you would make him pay for what he did one way or another,"

"That.... is one thing you are not wrong about. That's for sure,"

I nod before focusing my attention on the lockers in front of us.

"So.... what's the plan?" I ask her. With a smirk, Margot slides off her backpack and crouches down to unzip it.

"Margot, what is all that?" I warily ask her.

"Let's just say that it was a huge mistake for him to tell me his worst fear and his locker combination," she replies with an evil smile as she begins to pull out various objects, all with one common symbol, a triangle with an eye at its center.

"The Illuminati?"

"Yeah. He's always been afraid that they might be watching him somehow. I don't really get it because why would an elite organization care about him specifically? But it's coming in handy now, so who cares?"

"So then, is there anything I have to do?"

"I don't want for him to recognize my handwriting and for it all to be ruined, so writing is officially your job. Congratulations,"
I nod as she puts in the combination to open her ex's locker.