02. {mini-mart brawl}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

as gioia paid for her painkillers, the shop door chimed open - indicating someone had entered. she turned to look at them and saw that it was a group of four teenage boys.

the girl strolled to a different aisle to avoid them, and all of a sudden she could already hear miguel speaking to them and the shopkeeper. once the four boys were kicked out, they began shoving miguel out the door.

"what the hell are you doing?" one of them yelled at him as they left.

gioia promptly thanked the cashier and rushed out the door, trailing behind them.

"why you got to blow up our spot?" another  quizzed, "man, he thought we were in college, dumb-ass."

"i didn't know you guys were trying to buy beer." miguel admitted, not wanting a dispute, "i'm sorry."

they weren't having it because, in a blink of an eye, one of the boys had jostled miguel onto the grass while the other three laughed. as he tumbled to the ground, he had managed to drop his bag that contained his grandma's medicine.

"yes, let's go." one of the beefier boys grinned, his nickname was 'brucks' - real name unknown.

"what the hell are you doing?"

the group began approaching miguel in a menacing manner as gioia pushed the small box she purchased into her back jean pocket. she sped ahead and subtly elbowed the boy closest to her friend back.

"just leave him alone, he has already apologised and he clearly did not know." gioia explained, gaining a nod of agreement from miguel.

the group's leader, kyler, pointed an accusing finger in her face, "you stay out of this, new girl."

she mustered up all the courage she could, neglected the fear seeping in her stomach and pushed his hand down, "or what?"

kyler rolled his eyes and bumped her out of his way before picking up miguel's possession, "ooh, what do we got here?"

"yeah, what do you got?"

"pepto."

"oh, shit, someone has frickin diarrhoea." kyler chuckled loudly, making miguel sigh.

"hey, we should call him 'rhea'." brucks suggested while punching miguel's side.

"give it back, dude." miguel pleaded,

"what are you ta-" kyler started.

"it's for my grandma." miguel finished.

"oh, it's for your grandma." kyler nodded as he unscrewed the cap, "ah, shit, i'm sorry, man. hey, you want it? hey, you can take all that..." he began pouring the bright pink liquid onto the boy's dark hair.