47. {feminism lessons}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"okay. this is it. this is where most of the girls' teams practice." miguel announced. he had led their sensei to the sports field, where every girl on her gym period was. "sure you'll be able to convince them?"

"please. when i went to this school, the only thing i was better at than karate, and i was pretty good at karate, was talking to chicks." the man boasted. "watch and learn, diaz. watch and learn."

"just wanted to remind you, i-incase you forgot." gioia quickly dragged him back over by the sleeve of his shirt. "last time you were here, you were a teenager, you fit in. now, you're a middle aged man. you-you don't fit in."

"get the hell off of me." johnny shrugged her off, making miguel laugh.

"right." gioia smiled, turning over to miguel. "miggy, what i've been trying to tell you-"

"hey gioia, hey miguel!" mickey made her way over to the two. "what are you guys doing here? i thought you had a study period."

"we do." miguel nodded. "but our sensei is here, trying to recruit students. there's been a change to the tournament and we need more girls."

mickey glanced over to see the girls on the track team speeding away from a forty-something-year-old man. she chuckled and looked back to her friends. "looks like he's scaring them off."

"i warned him." gioia shrugged.

"hey, mickey." miguel turned to face the girl. they weren't that close of friends, only speaking from time to time because of their mutual connection, gioia. "would you wanna join?"

"your karate team?" mickey questioned. she wasn't sure, she didn't like brutality, especially not after the school fight, and she didn't understand the hype about hitting each other. but miguel and gioia were her friends and they clearly needed help.

"yeah." gioia perked up at the suggestion.

"i don't know..." mickey trailed off.

"just think about it, okay?"

she nodded at him, "i will."

johnny stepped over to the three in defeat, all the flyers still in his hand and a defeated look on his face. he gazed at mickey, about to open his mouth and ask her.

"we already asked her."

"i'm considering it." mickey told him.

"you're either in or your out." johnny told her, intimidating her.

"just be glad she didn't say no." gioia sighed. "like the rest of the girls you've been pestering."

"all right. we need a new approach." johnny huffed. he grabbed the backpack he had left on the floor and pulled out baby oil.