43. {miscommunication}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"so you kissed hawk and you didn't tell me?" miguel questioned, spinning around on gioia's desk chair.

gioia threw herself onto the neatly made double bed. the secret was eating her up inside so the second she and miguel were alone in her room, she couldn't keep her mouth shut. "miguel, he's your best friend again. i didn't want to make it weird."

"gb, you can tell me anything and it wouldn't be weird." miguel reassured her. "like that time you told me bianca showed you a video as you were drinking orange juice and you laughed so hard it came out of your nose."

"miguel!" gioia groaned, launching her blue elephant teddy at his head.

he caught it just in time as he chuckled. "no ones here!" he exclaimed. "and don't use plum pudding as a weapon, she's fragile. also why name something blue after a plum?"

"i was five."

"well, when i was five i knew the different colours." miguel sassed.

"look, they're similar colours! you know what? i'll kick you out." gioia threatened. "or better yet, i'll just kick you."

"okay, okay." miguel held his hands up in surrender. "so what are you going to do about hawk? you like him, right?"

"i-it's not that simple." gioia shook her head. "i did like him, a lot. then he scared the crap out of me and i practically feared him. now, i don't."

"well then, make a move but only once you think your friendship is mended." miguel advised.

"what if we mend our friendship, get into a relationship, break up and ruin the friendship?" gioia asked.

"well.. i don't know." he shrugged.

"yes, you do." gioia reminded him. "isn't that what happened with sam?"

"oh, you're cold." miguel rolled his eyes at her.

"i don't mean to be."

"well, with sam i just... like her so much." miguel explained. "i feel like we always find our way back to each other, no matter what."

"even if you already have a girlfriend?" gioia mumbled. she took a huge risk with that quip and she was afraid of what miguel would say.

"gioia, please." miguel shut his eyes tightly, tilting his head back. "i regret it every single day. trust me."

"sorry for bringing it up." she frowned. "it was a cheap joke."