18. {mercy}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the students of cobra kai dojo were stood outside of the all valley tournament building. miguel was practising throwing punches in anger, as aisha, hawk, bert and gioia watched him.

"back to your bad mood?" gioia quizzed. the boy had seemed slightly happy during the canyon party, but he was back to his mood.

his answer to the girl's question was a grunt.

"yo, miguel. calm down, man." hawk called out, "save some for the tournament."

miguel gave him a glance before disregarding him and continue punching.

"hey, don't even bother." aisha shook her head, "he's been super aggro ever since the breakup."

"he is going to be alright." gioia whispered, indistinct to him.

"let's hope."

"well, where's sensei?" hawk asked, "the tournament's gonna start soon."

"he'll be here," aisha reassured him.

"i don't know about that." bert mumbled, making all three of them flick their heads to him.

"what are you talking about?"

"i saw him last night at the mini-mall. i was buying... a-a carton of milk."

gioia chuckled at the boy's nervous pause and egged him to go on.

"when i heard him in the parking lot, yelling." bert continued, "he was peeing on his car, talking and drinking."

"are you sure?" gioia frowned.

"i know what i saw." bert nodded.

"well, why didn't you tell us this earlier?" aisha questioned.

"i don't know." bert shrugged, "i guess i'm just so used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big a deal."

"well, we're here, and he's not." hawk reminded him, "so, it's officially a big deal. what if something happened to him?"

"like what?"

"i don't know." hawk shrugged, "like he drove his car off a cliff, or he bought a gun and blew his brains out."

"be quiet! do not say things like that." gioia glared at him.

"no, sensei would never kill himself." aisha spoke, "it's too pussy a move."

"whatever." hawk scoffed, "i mean, we're here. he's not. we're gonna have to do it without him."

johnny strolled up to them, "do what without me?"

"sensei."

"we didn't think you were gonna show up." hawk admitted.