11. {quiver}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

at the next session, the karate dojo was filled with people who had seen miguel and gioia's fight video and wanted to learn the 'way of the fist'.

miguel and gioia were stood closest to the office door, sparring. for her final attack, gioia swung her leg around, hitting miguel square in the face with foot.

he groaned and stumbled back, knowing it would come but not being fast enough to obstruct it.

aisha laughed, "she's definitely been waiting to do that."

"i have." gioia nodded while patting miguel's injured face.

"what is up with you and kicking people?" the diaz boy asked her while rubbing his face, "can't remember the last time you punched someone."

she frowned, he was right. "i am not sure. kicking is much easier and more fun."

"and you're great at it." aisha told her while pointing at her feet, "they move like lightning."

"i guess you're right." gioia chuckled as aisha and miguel got into fighting stances.

she allowed them to fight and wandered around the room, smiling when she saw eli and demetri standing together.

"greetings."

"hey, gioia." eli smiled.

"hi." demetri grumbled, clearly in a mood, "why did i let you talk me into this? this goes against everything i stand for. it's like extra gym class for no reason."

"let's just give it a chance." eli pleaded, "you saw the fight. gioia and miguel kicked ass."

"thank you." gioia grinned, "but it was all miguel."

"okay. today, we begin..." johnny trailed off as no one was listening to him, "quiet!"

his outcry caught everyone's attention and immediately silenced them.

"face front." he ordered, "seafood." johnny pointed to the empty spot next to aisha.

gioia crimsoned at her embarrassing nickname but jogged over to the girl nevertheless. johnny began maneuvering around the room, taking a good look at everyone.

"nice shirt." he complimented demetri's green pi shirt.

"thanks." the boy grinned.

"i'm joking. it sucks."

gioia cringed at the man's harshness as demetri's smile dropped.

"word of advice." he stopped in front of a beaming teen boy with long brown hair, "if you got shit for teeth, don't smile."

"what?" miguel mouthed to the blonde girl in disbelief, she shrugged.

"God, makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you," he said to a younger boy as he moved past, "when i look around this dojo, i don't see cobra kai material. i see losers, i see nerds. i see a fat kid with a funny hat and his tits popping out."