28. {dinner with hawk}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"i know, she's so hot." demetri raved.

gioia pivoted back from her wardrobe to see him gushing on her laptop screen. the two had been skype calling for about twenty minutes, just catching up.

"keep it in your pants, demi." gioia shook her head in disapproval, "but yeah... she is."

they were talking about jessica rothe's film they were going to see in a few days - happy death day 2u. demetri had set it slip that jessica was one of his favourite actresses. so, with a hint of her old self coming out, gioia suggested they should watch it together.

"does eli know you still talk to me?" demetri asked while booking the tickets online.

"obviously. he does not have a say in it, you are both my friends." gioia shrugged as she grabbed some flared, black jeans.

"friends?"

she approached the camera and gave him a look, "yes, friends. what, are you trying to tell me something?"

"... no. i mean, you and i are friends." demetri started.

"best friends."

"i wouldn't go that far." demetri joked.

"oh, shut up."

"but you and eli... you've always been more than friends." demetri shrugged.

gioia looked up at the screen in surprise. she sat down on her desk chair and stared at her friend. "always? are you forgetting that time where he had a girlfriend?"

"that was ages ago." demetri rolled his eyes, "you've liked him since the day you went to his house and stripped your clothes off."

gioia laughed at that, "that's still not what happened."

"if you say so."

"and besides, you can't tell me how long i've liked him. because it hasn't been long." gioia blurted.

"i knew it! you do like him." demetri grinned, pointing at her accusingly.

"what?"

"aisha and i have a bet to see who you would confess to first. so... thanks for the five dollars." demetri admitted.

"you bet on me?"

"i-i... breaking up! can't... you." demetri began to pretend like his call was disconnecting.