51. {she's not cobra kai material}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"hey." mickey spoke softly as she walked into the bedroom. she had a giddy smile on her face and she could not wait to tell her friend about her date. the first thing she noticed was how messy the room was, which was unusual as gioia took pride in a neat room. there were clothes on the floor, hanging on the door and even on the desk. her plushies were all over the room, scattered in a disorganised way.

the owner of the room was lying face first into her bed, not bothered by her surroundings. the television was aimlessly playing in the background and gioia didn't even move an inch when she heard the door open.

"hey, love?" mickey quickly grew concerned. "what's happened?"

gioia let out an inaudible noise from the bed. mickey moved closer and sat down beside her.

"gioia, are you okay?"

the girl slowly turned herself around. mickey could now see her red puffy eyes and mascara-stained cheeks. her face dropped and she immediately pulled gioia into her arms.

"i'm a terrible person." gioia sobbed.

"why would you think that?" mickey questioned. "what happened?"

gioia sniffled. "it's just... i've messed up, mickey."

"you can talk to me. what happened?"

"it's about karate, and i don't know how to say it." as much as gioia loved mickey, she wasn't ready to tell her the full truth.

"whatever it is, we'll figure it out together. you're not alone." mickey reassured her.

"i've betrayed everyone. i did something that goes against the team, and i can't tell you what it is." gioia explained.

"you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." mickey explained, gently stroking the girl's hair. "but we all make mistakes. what matters is owning up to them and making things right. you're not the first person to mess up."

she wasn't. tory, mitch, robby and even her boyfriend, eli had betrayed their karate team.

"i'm so scared they'll find out and hate me."

"friends forgive, gioia. we'll find a way to make amends, and maybe it won't be as bad as you think." mickey told her. "you're worth more than your mistakes, and i'm here to support you no matter what."