67. {jealousy, jealousy}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"miss barbusca." sensei kim's eyes shifted to the blonde girl beside devon and called out her name. gioia's heart dropped, this is exactly what she didn't want.

"yes, sensei?" the girl croaked out.

"are you ready?" sensei kim asked.

gioia didn't reply, too confused with her thoughts and worries, devon nudged her and she was snapped back into reality.

"you've won against larusso before, make this one quick." sensei kim ordered. "prove to us that you're really with us. or would you prefer miss lee takes your place?"

"you have to do everything you're instructed to do." silver explained. "is that reasonable?"

"no, sensei." gioia shook her head.

"then show me."

gioia nodded, stepping over to the mat. johnny glanced up at her from beside eli, his mouth open. he urged the injured boy to look up and when he did, his face was full of shock.

"face me. bow." the referee ordered. "face each other. bow."

the two girls maintained intense eye contact with one another as they bowed. sam had spent all night training to fight tory, not to have a rematch with gioia.

"ready? fight!"

gioia hesitated. and silver noticed she stepped forward, throwing a punch that was quickly blocked. they continued to fight, gioia attacking and sam defending. sam knew that gioia was downplaying her abilities, this combat felt much lighter than the all valley one. sam rotated around, colliding her foot against the side of gioia's torso.

"no point. that's shoulder. no point." the referee said. "keep fighting."

"so we're not allowed to hit each other's shoulder?" mickey asked miguel, still confused about the rules.

miguel shook his head. "no, no. this is just bullshit."

"keep fighting."

the two got back into their fighting positions before they continued to brawl. gioia threw her leg to the side kick her but sam countered it.

"point, one-zero. barbusca."

"what? there was no contact." daniel stated.