66. {sekai taikai}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"we have to prepare to fight. this is bigger than the all valley. much bigger. so we need our best." silver spoke.

the representatives of sekai taikai had suggested the two opposing dojos should fight for a spot in the tournament.

"since we've recently gained barbusca, we know it'll be larusso fighting." silver continued. "and nichols, i know how long you've wanted a real match with her. you ready?"

gioia let out a sigh of relief, glad she wasn't chosen to fight against her actual team. that would've caused a lot of problems for her.

"yes, sensei." tory muttered.

"good. as for the boys. i'm not too sure who they might bring forward." silver frowned. "barbusca, any ideas?"

the girl bit her lip with anxiety, she was glad she didn't factually know the answer to that. "well logically, it'll be between ro—i mean keene, diaz and moskowitz."

"okay." silver nodded. "Payne. are you Ready to take on whomever they pick as their top fighter?"

"yes, sensei." kenny smirked.

"you better be. because the fate of this dojo rests in your fists." silver finished. "dismissed."

devon quickly rushed over to gioia once the class was over. the two hadn't spoken much since gioia joined the dojo, especially not how they were back in eagle fang. it wasn't that gioia was angry at the girl for joining cobra kai. devon had a natural talent for karate, it wasn't her fault silver took over topanga's karate.

"you bummed out that silver didn't pick you?" she asked the blonde girl.

gioia looked surprised at her statement, the answer was no. "yeah." she nodded. "i just really wanted a chance to prove myself in this dojo."

"so why did you leave eagle fang again?" devon asked her.

"i didn't leave." gioia shook her head. "they lost the all valley and i couldn't just stop karate. it gives my life meaning, it makes me happy." gioia shrugged. "so i joined cobra kai to be happy. i had no idea eagle fang was coming back."

"but if you did—" devon started.

gioia cut her off. "there is no, 'what if'. i'm here now and that's all that matters."

sensei kim had been listening to their conversation. she let out a hum before stepping away. she walked passed wyatt, who was making his way over to the two girls.