23. {fire and ice}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"how was the beach without me?" gioia quizzed while she watched hawk stretch. as she talked to him, she caught herself watching him for a bit too long and quickly shifted her gaze.

"it was cool." hawk told her, "would have been even better if i beat you in volleyball again."

"eli, you have never once beat me in volleyball." gioia snickered, "it's embarrassing that you think you have."

hawk rolled his eyes, "after you come back, we're having a rematch."

"five dollars i win." she bet.

"ten i win." hawk challenged.

"oh, you're on." she grinned.

as the girl smiled, miguel made his way over to the two and sat down with them.

"so, i did a deep dive online, and you were right." hawk told the boy, "sensei is definitely keene's father.

"i thought you guys let that go?" gioia raised her eyebrow as miguel sighed dramatically.

"if we did, we never would have found out the truth."

"true."

"i just don't understand why he wouldn't tell us." miguel groaned.

"i don't know." hawk shrugged, "but it explains why he's giving us shit for kicking keene's ass at the tournament."

"i didn't even think of that." gioia facepalmed at her idiocy.

"yeah. it's show no mercy, unless it's his son." hawk explained, "then we gotta be pussies."

aisha shuffled over to them, a frown on her face. "you guys, have you seen the commercial?"

the trio looked up to her at the same time.

"what commercial?"

"sam's dad started his own dojo and he disses cobra kai." aisha revealed.

"can we see it?" gioia inquired.

aisha nodded and passed miguel her phone. the boy clicked the video and the two moved closer to watch.

"because at miyagi-do, it's not about the money." daniel larusso began advising.

the trio watched the commercial in awe, they couldn't believe daniel had disrespected them like that.

just as the short video ended, johnny burst into the room and began shouting orders. next thing the students knew, they were watching aisha record johnny's own cobra kai commercial.

"there's a lot of talk going around the valley about free karate." johnny told the camera, "but everyone knows that in life, you get what you pay for. you wanna really kick the competition?"