48. {chocolates and apologies}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"sometimes i feel bad that you are an only child." bianca sighed.

the woman had the saturday off. since she naturally woke up early, she cleaned the house and made her daughter a fruit salad to eat once she woke up. her husband, fredrico had been given a job at daniel larusso's automobile shop. it was a huge favour that bianca would forever be grateful for. so the man was working an extra shift there that saturday morning.

once gioia had woken up, she got herself ready and found her mother on the couch watching gilmore girls. with a small smile on her face, she grabbed the bowl of fruit salad on the kitchen counter and sat beside her. the two barbusca girls were now sitting and talking as gilmore girls played in the background.

"i mean, i don't really mind." gioia explained, her mouth full of a pineapple cube from the salad she had barely touched. "never really thought about it. and i've got miguel now so i guess it's okay."

bianca loved her daughter more than she loved herself. she believed she was a perfect golden child. her only flaw? her obliviousness. "i know, i am glad you two have one another. but i meant a younger sibling perhaps."

"i guess i'm indifferent." gioia hummed. "i mean, i wouldn't be angry if i had a younger sibling. i don't really think children like me. but you had me pretty young so it wouldn't bother me."

bianca sighed, giving up on the conversation. "okay filgia."

"do you think eli is going to break up with me?" gioia spoke, out of the blue.

"what? why would you say that?" bianca was taken aback. "that boy really likes you."

"i don't know." gioia exhaled. "he hasn't spoken to me in days. i understand if he needs space a-after what happened, it was a horrible thing to happen to someone. but demetri said he went to see him the other day, he wasn't too good then but now he's joined miyagi do and i still haven't heard from him."

"just give it some time, he will come around." bianca advised her. "and when he does, do not let him off easy. let him explain why he hasn't spoke to you. okay?"

"okay." gioia nodded. the second the words left her mouth, there was a knock at the door.

"i will get it." bianca pushed herself up from the couch. she unlocked the door and opened it. to her surprise, hawk was standing on the other side. a box of sixteen ferrero rocher's in his hand.

"morning, bianca." hawk spoke, nervously. "is it alright if i speak to gb?"

bianca nodded. "yes, of course. i have been meaning to take a nap anyway. good luck." the blonde woman stepped away from the door and off to her bedroom.