52. {junior prom night}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"oh, gioia you look so beautiful." allison moskowitz gushed the second she opened the door. she enfolded the girl into an embrace before allowing them the family of three into her front room. "mrs and mr barbusca, it's so lovely to finally meet you."

"lovely to meet you too, miss moskowitz." bianca smiled at her. "your house is so lovely."

"thank you so much." allison beamed, "that was the first thing your daughter said to me when she first came here. and just allison is fine."

"she's been here before?" fredrico spoke up, he was clearly out of the loop. gioia gave him a look, wanting him to be quiet.

"yeah, all the time! they were chemistry partners last year and and she would always come over to help him with his hair." allison explained, obliviously.

"how... cute." he forced a smile.

"so cute." eli's dad, paul moskowitz, expressed from the couch.

"please, make yourselves at home." allison explained, "would anyone like anything to drink? a snack maybe?"

"we are okay, thank you so much." bianca smiled at her.

"of course." mrs moskowitz nodded, making her way into the kitchen.

the family of three sat down on the couch, fredrico beside eli's dad. the man was reading a large newspaper, his glasses resting on the tip of his nose. "nice weather outside." he spoke up.

"very." fred nodded in agreement.

bianca glanced over to her daughter, ready to laugh at her husband's awkwardness together. but gioia was just staring straight at the wall, not taking any notice of anyone else.

thankfully, eli began to walk down the stairs. they all stood up at the sound of his footsteps and turned over to glance at him. gioia's face began to heat up with nervousness when she saw him, any pessimistic feeling she previously had temporarily left.

gioia had learnt from silver how to switch her emotions on and off, so she could be more merciless during the tournament. now, she was able to apply that lesson to everyday situations, turning off all the pessimistic feelings in her head for the time being.

"allie, he's here!" paul called out.

he wore a sleek, tailored black suit with a shawl lapel, complemented by a crisp, white dress shirt. the outfit was completed with a yellow bow tie, his girlfriend's favourite colour. when eli finally saw her, he was captivated by gioia's beauty. her golden hair was freshly cut into layers, framing her face.