Chapter XXIX: Dinner and dirty talk

"They're here," Jungkook mumbles as I finish taking the asparagus from the oven. I haven't felt nervous all night...but now that they're standing at the door, waiting to meet their son's girlfriend, I'm scared for my life. I quickly throw my apron to the side and and take a deep breath before accompanying Jungkook to the front door. I take another one and Jungkook quickly mutters to me, "you look perfect, sweetheart...don't worry about anything."

My eyes meet up with his and he smiles at me. "Thank you..." I whisper, watching his hand move for the door knob. He pulls it open and I see two bright and beaming faces running to hug their son. The woman, who's shorter than I am but nearly the same, hugs Jungkook tightly as he hugs her back.

"My sweet Jungkookie, I've missed you!" She exclaims, finally letting go. The man comes forward next, embracing Jungkook as well. His hair is tinted grey on some parts, and he wears a nice brown suit while his wife is wearing a nice dark red dress that fits all the way down past her knees, and a black work jacket. Her face is almost identical to Jungkook's, but his fathers eyes and smile are the one trait that match him.

When they separate, their eyes go to a smiling me and I bow respectfully towards them. "Eomma, Appa, this is my girlfriend, Y/n." I wave and going to speak.

"It's nice to finally meet you. Jungkook has told me a lot about you," I say, glancing at Jungkook who smiles at me fondly, making my insides warm.

The woman steps towards me and embraces me, hugging me while I do so back. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to meet you..." she pulls away. "Jungkook goes on and on about you practically every time he calls. I can hardly ask how his day is before he brings you up," she laughs. My cheeks flush. Then it's his fathers turn.

"It's good to meet you, Y/n," he says before embracing like the woman did, but not as tight. When he separates, I bow another time, showing my respect for them. "My name is Changkyun, and this is my wife, Jisoo-,"

"But you can call us Eomma and Appa, just the same," Jisoo interrupts. I hear Jungkook chuckle next to me and I turn to see him rolling his eyes playfully. I look back at them and nod.

"Jisoo, don't scare her," Changkyun speaks, softly to her.

I giggle. "It's alright..." Jisoo smiles at me, brushing my arm with her hand.

"Let's eat, then," Jungkook says, taking my hand into his bigger one.

...

After all of us have served food on our plates, we sit down at the dinner table and begin a conversation. Jungkook's parents are incredibly sweet and they are adorable too themselves. It makes me happy really. I haven't seen anything like that since my father passed, so it brings me a lot of joy.

"How long have you two been together?" Jisoo asks.

"A couple months now...it was in late September when we decided about it," Jungkook answers, squeezing my hand from under the table.

"Ah..." Changkyun says, "I forgot you mentioned you taught at the school Y/n attends. So you were there for a month and then fell for each other?" He teases. I look over at Jungkook, not being aware that he had told his parents that I was his student. I'm not upset, not at all...just surprised. But they also seem fine with it, so it eases me more.

I decide to answer, smiling. "I guess so...but it was hard to hide it so we were on the fence about it."

"Does no one know still?" Jisoo asks.

"A few. Y/n's friend and her brother know, but that might be it," Jungkook replies.

It's a little quiet as we continue to eat, but I hear my name called, and my ears perk up immediately. "So Y/n, what's your family like?"