Chapter XVIII: Whipped cream

3:12 P.M.

"Remind me to never come with you to Mister Jeon's classroom early. That shit was awkward..." Sugyeong mumbles as she plops down on my couch. She rubs her back suggesting there's a knot somewhere, grumbling. "Why do we never go to my dorm?" She asks.

I chuckle. "Because your dorm is on the other side of campus. I'm not waking all the way back that late at night..." I respond.

She scoffs, "what about me?"

"You are able to handle yourself, Sugyeong. I on the other hand, cannot..." I sit down on the couch next to her, taking out a few subjects we could study together. "I can handle myself, yes, but that's because I don't bother with anybody..."

"I'm not strong like you, Sugyeong. I'm shy, and speaking from experience, if anything happened, I wouldn't know what to do." Sugyeong pipes down after that. We weren't arguing, but she knows what happened with Jiho now, and I can freely talk about it. I do need to get a bigger voice though...Jungkook can't always show up magically. "Y/n..." Sugyeong calls out my name. I look at her, waiting for her to continue. "What happened today before class..? Was everything okay with Mister Jeon?"

My mood changes a bit. I didn't visit him after class or school because I just felt like he didn't want me there. He hasn't texted me either, making me feel more upset, and more discouraged... "Uhm...I'm not sure, actually... he just wasn't himself this morning. He said he wasn't feeling upset or anything, but he acted completely different..." I trail off, feeling my attitude turn sadder.

"Was it because of me?" She asks.

I shake my head. "No, I felt like it maybe was because he was uncomfortable, or it's just weird that someone else knows, but..."

"You think it has something to do with you..?" Sugyeong hits the question right on the spot. She knows me well enough to know how I'm feeling. But she's correct. I think Jungkook doesn't want to be around me, but I don't know why. He's never showed any sign of getting annoyed with me, in fact, this morning, he said he missed me. So what's the problem now? "You should talk to him," Sugyeong adds.

"I don't know. I don't want to annoy him, Sugyeong..." I fall back dramatically on the comfy couch, feeling surrounded by the soft material.

Sugyeong props herself on her elbows, facing me and my lazy figure. "Do you love him?" I nod automatically. "And does he love you?" I wouldn't ever doubt Jungkook...but right now, I'm scared he doesn't... I nod hesitantly, averting her gaze. "If he loves you, he'll never get tired of you. Maybe he just wasn't feeling necessarily happy today...don't doubt him, okay?" Her advice means a lot to me...

I smile up at her weakly. "Thank you..." she flops herself on top of me, making me groan in pain. "What the hell, I can't breathe—," the air is legitimately knocked out of my lungs. Sugyeong's laughing her ass off, thinking this is hilarious. I think I might need new organs after this.

Next day.

10/9/20
4 P.M.

Jungkook and I have sort of a unspoken agreement. And that is, I stay with him on the weekend. Luckily, my brother has been busy recently, so he hadn't stopped by to visit, so I'm off with hook with him for a little while.