Chapter IX: Challenge

10/1/20
8:49 A.M.

This challenge with Jungkook excites me somewhat. I have confidence I'll make it...but only for so long. I didn't think I'll make it passed two days...but here we are, three days later. What can I say, I enjoy him too much. He's given me a taste and I don't intend on letting that go so soon.

But I really want to try more of his delicious food. He's really good at cooking. And I'm not that great. Plus, I don't know how I'll make him dinner... he can't really visit my dorm without being noticed. And it kind of defeats the purpose of making dinner by not serving it near the place it was made. If that makes any bit of sense...

I wonder how Jungkook is holding up to having to act completely normal around me. That involves no hugging, no pecks on the cheek, and certainly no kissing. He really likes kissing too, I think. Whenever we were alone he'll kiss me at least once. Of course I don't mind it. I enjoy it as much as he does. We've agreed that touching is allowed, but only so far. God, this is just reminding me now of how difficult it will be to not have really any physical contact with him. I don't know how I'll survive however long this lasts.

"Y/n, are you listening?" Sugyeong asks in front of me. I blink a bit, focusing on the judgements girl in front of me. She's waving her hand in my face like I'm blind. She isn't that far off.

"Repeat what you said," I say, smiling at her even though she scowls back.

She rolls her eyes. "I said Aurem seems to like our Biology professor, Mister Jeon. She's openly flirting with him again...look," Sugyeong says, pointing but not too noticeably. I turn my head to see the girl, touching Jungkook's shoulder while speaking to him. She bats her eyelashes and twirls her hair like some animal. "Looks like you have some competition," my friend mutters behind me.

I scoff at Sugyeong's remark. "Competition for what? Lies and deceit?" Sugyeong snickers at my joke. But was it really a joke? We both sit down in our assigned seat, and I secretly watch the two. I don't understand her intentions with Jungkook...especially knowing how wrong a student-teacher relationship is, and she's obvious about her attraction... it's suspicious. You can't deny that Aurem isn't beautiful, but her attitude ruins her whole outward appearance. I personally think that one's character is more important than how pretty a face is. But the good thing is, Jungkook's has both.

Speaking of, Jungkook's eyes meet mine, and I oddly don't hesitate to let him realize I've been watching him. I give him a small smile, not tearing my eyes away for one second to see she would do anything else. Nothing, but the same. His eyes glint a bit of mischievous before turning back to Aurem. He subtly touches her arm, and a bit of a fire sparks in my chest. He touches me like that, and I most certainly don't want him touching her like that.

Aurem returns to her seat, a smirk plastered on her face. When I look back at Jungkook, he's already looking at me with the same smirk. Hm, this is part of his plan isn't it..?

...

"Can anyone tell me what year gravity was discovered?" Jungkook asks the class, I and a few others raise our hands to answer the question. Although, I don't get why more people don't raise their hands... Jungkook's makes eye contact with me, seeming like he'll pick on me, but averts his eyes to...her. "Miss Park? Do you know?"

"1687."

He smiles at her, nodding his head. "Correct. Thank you..." I roll my eyes, setting my hand down back on the desk. If this is how he wants to play it, I'll play it. I turn my head slightly, looking around for someone, or rather anyone. Park Jimin... he's kind of a heartthrob, fuckboy, and I've talked to him a few times in the mere month I've been here. I think he'll do the trick. He's handsome too, so I'm hoping this works and I get the reaction I want from Jungkook. If he only knew my hate toward Aurem, maybe he wouldn't have been so close to her.