chapter 22

The nomu made its presence know loud and clear. The sound hurt Shino's ears and she almost loosened her grip on Shigaraki. The mutant was looking right at her, or at least in her direction . Shigaraki was still giggling like an excited teenage girl and Shino was starting to go over her options. One wrong move and it could be the end of the line for her.

Another roar was let out and the Nomu was soaring through the air.

"Crap"

Shino let go of Shigaraki and tackled her teacher out of the way just in time. The nomu was about to land right on top of him. That thing is freaking massive. He would have crushed the measly Aizawa. Shoto was soon at Shino's side, eyeing the monster cautiously.

"Allow me to introduce you to the artificial human, Nomu. He has one task and one task alone" Shigaraki was back on his feet.

"Eliminate the so called symbol of peace that is All Might"

Shino sighed as she looked at the monster in front of her. One quirk would not suffice for this job. Sora and the rest should arrive soon enough. Together they can handle this thing until All Might arrived. She adjusted her scarf and reached into one of her pouches. She pulled out a small bottle containing what appeared to be red pills. Without a word she casually three it towards Aizawa.

"Eat one. It will make you feel better" She informed him.

Purple mist began to manifest near Shigaraki and soon Kurogiri was standing at his side. He had a new metal plate around his neck. The sight of it made Shino smirk. They almost had him. It would have been an achievement she would have worn proudly.

"Where have you been? You failed to sperate the brats"

"I met a snag in the form of that child there. I had to temporarily retreat to base"

Shino's smirk only grew at the mention of herself. The smirk didn't last long though, for Shigaraki said something that put her on high alert.

"Nomu, eliminate the pests"

With a roar Nomu was ready to follow out on the order.

"Todoroki, you better be on high alert because this guy is as strong as All Might" Shino took a fighting position. Her current strength and speed would not be enough for this battle. Wasting no time she activated a booster quirk and increased her attributes by five. Five times her normal attributes puts her on the same level of Sora. She had only thirty minutes to retain the boost before it faded and the drawbacks kicked in. She'd have to act fast.

"Watch my back"

With that she pushed off the ground with such force she left cracks in her wake. The nomu raored again bringing back a fist for a powerful punch. Ice appeared between the two taking the blow from the Nomu and giving Shino a chance to land the first blow. A powerful punch was aimed straight at his chest sending him a couple of feet back. Shino let out a breath as she landed on the ground. She adjusted herself and shot off again planning on attacking the beast before he could get up and regain his composure.

Blow after blow Shino hit the Nomu with everything she had in her efforts to keep him in place for the time being.

A wave of pain shot through her entire body when the Nomu blindly threw a fist at her. She was sent through the sky and harshly impacted a wall. She groaned and could feel the blood running down the side of her head as well as taste the blood in her mouth.

"That hurts"

The Nomu was suddenly in front of her raising his foot to press her into the ground.