chapter 33

"Who do you think will win? "

Sora was leaning forward from his seat behind and above Shino. They were seated in a special part of the stadium just for the classes. The last event was commencing and the match to start it off was between Izuku and Shinso. Shino wasn't very surprised while at the same time she was. She was curious as to how Shinso got on Shoto's team. Shoto seemed perfectly fine. He wasn't being brainwashed. Shino could tell, his brain waves were normal. Plus she hadn't even noticed the boy until recently. She felt a bit bad for that though. When the matches were presented on the large screen Izuku was already asking her what his opponent's quirk was. Of course. Shino would expect nothing less from him. She was debating whether or not she should tell him. If she told him he could prevent being manipulated. If she didn't he would most definitely fall into Shinso's quirk, but it would make things unpredictable for Shino. Izuku was completely different. Where he had One For All in the anime he now had a flame quirk. In the anime he was born quirkless in this timeline he developed one. Things changed and she wanted to see how the fight would play out.

In the end Izuku convinced her by offering something so deliciously tempting she just had to tell him.

So now she just sat with the rest of her class, scarf pulled over her mouth and sucking on a sweet. Her attention was focused on the arena beneath her. Focused on her friend. Focused on his opponent.

How would things play out?

It didn't matter how it did. Shino just needed to find some amusement in it. As she did in everything.

"My money is on Midoriya" Daichi was very confident with his choice and even pulled out some money. "Anyone wanna bet? "

"Everyone is assuming Midoriya will win this match, Tagawa" Akio said cooly. "I am curious to know what this boy's quirk is"

"You got me there. His quirk wasn't announced"

Katsuki and Sora shot Shino a questioning look. A look she purposefully ignored. They would find out on their own. They weren't in desperate need of the information and they also weren't offering her a golden deal.

They were talking. Well that wasn't the best way to say it, was it? It was a one sided conversation. Shinso was the only one throwing questions at his opponent. Shino wasn't paying attention to the questions. Her attention was focused on Shinso's body language. He looked relaxed, but he was slowly but surely growing frustrated with Izuku's silence. His finger twitched once. It wasn't very noticeable. Shino doubted he even knew he did it.

What would Izuku do?

He had the advantage as long as he kept quiet. The match was already his.

Shino could tell he wanted to talk. To answer the questions Shinso threw at them. They were mocking. Insulting. Depressing.

Shino stared at the tired boy. Obvious bags under his eyes. His entire appearance and sphere reminded her of her teacher.

We sure they're not related at all?

Who followed after Izuku's match? Was it Katsuki or Sora?

Katsuki. It was Katsuki. Katsuki against Uraraka.

Tokoyami against Iida.
Daichi against Akio.
Tsuyu against Ren.
Sora against Kaminari.

Shino remembered the order perfectly from the top of her head. She was the last fight. Her opponent someone she's used to sparing with. Someone who knows her fighting style inside and out. The one who knows all her tricks and was always prepares for the unexpected.

There was a hidden smile on Shino's face as she anticipated her fight against Momo. It was sure to be exhilarating. Momo actually had a chance of beating her this time around. The tab Shino made for Momo was filled with information on anything. Including some things she herself came up with. For some reason she only made things that could cause a disadvantage to her. She had no clear idea why she made such things. She just started wondering about her quirk and how it could be canceled or if she could cancel one specific quirk.