chapter 29

The stadium was loud with cheers for the student who beat everyone else. The victor of eleven classes. Shino felt really good. Despite the loud cheers sh e could hear the department of management going over a way to sell her assets. Talk about business savvy.

Shino was basking in her victory while keeping a careful check on those following after her. Sora came in second followed by Shoto, Katsuki and Izuku. Those four were pretty close and there was no telling who would get which place.

Sora was all smiles as he walked up to the victorious Shino.

"Way to go Shino" he offered a high five and Shino did not leave him hanging.

"You do realize that this is a competition, right? "

"So? You're my friend and I'm happy you won. Besides I can always beat you in the next round"

"I wouldn't count on it"

"Shino! " Katsuki's face was a sight to behold. It made Shino snicker despite the immediate danger she appeared to be in.

"Hey Katsuki. Beter work next time" She tapped his shoulder and the explosions ceased. He grumbled angry with a glare until the explosions returned. Shino smiled innocently all the while.

"Using the mines as a launcher was a good idea. It was enough of a boost to send you past the four of us and gave you enough speed to aid in your way of maneuvering. Genius" Izuku was mumbling to himself and would probably be taking notes if he had his notebook on him.

Shino shot Shoto a glance. The boy was standing on his own looking totally beaten. Not only had he lost to Shino but to Sora as well. He came in third place which is totally unacceptable.

"Yo, Kiddo" Daichi appeared at her side out of thin air. Probably teleported. He had a smile on his face as he patted Shino on the back in congratulations. "Nice going back there. It really sucks that I came in so low, but I can still be happy for my friend"

"Thanks Tagawa"

"I'm exhausted " Momo sighed as she walked up to Shino. She managed a smile and congratulated her friend before leaning against her for support. "What a struggle. We train to be protecters of the innocent and yet we are pushed into a everyman for themselves competition "

An amused chuckle left Shino's throat at the statement.

"That's life" she joked.

"Are you always amused? "

"Yes. It distracts me" Shino admitted honestly. This got Momo's attention as she raised a curious brow.

"It distracts you? From what? "

"Everything? The tiredness I feel from the lack of energy I have on the daily. The unending amount of thoughts running through head. My awareness of every single thing around me. It distracts me from all of that because focusing on such things is very frustrating. So I find amusement in any situation "

The sound of midnights voice pulled the two away from their conversation.

"And so the race has come to an end. Everyone take a look at the results"

The massive board proudly displayed the results of the race. Shino was proud with the results. The top five were her, Sora, Shoto, Katsuki and Izuku. Number six was someone from class B while number seven was the one and only Akio. Number eight Momo. A huge step up from the original. All the time spent with Shino really improved her skills. Plus there wasn't a small perverted boy clinging to her back. Number nine another class B student as well as number ten.

Shino was actually proud with the results. All her classmates made it through and would continue to the next round.

"The top 42 have the right to advance to the second stage. For those of you who failed I gotta say I'm sorry but take heart! The festivals showstopper is still being prepared"