chapter 6

Early one morning Shino was awaken by the chirping birds and the sun hitting her face. She rolled over in bed in hopes of getting more sleep but no matter what she did the sun always hit her face. She groaned and sat up annoyed. She glared out her window for a full minute before stumbling out of bed. It had been one month since Shino's last doctor visits. No more incidents occurred since then. The headphones and scarf were completed and she got them as soon as possible. The headphones were very comfortable and she hardly noticed they were there. The headphones were over ears and consisted of a black band and red speakers. The scarf she wore was very long and could reach her feet. Her parents said that it was made of special cloth and was hard to damage. The scarf was made so long because it was meant to last her long. The scarf itself had a checkered pattern and was silver and red. The ends ended in fringes. The scarf helped the block out the scents around her as to not let it overwhelm her. Even so her sense of smell is still a lot stronger than it was. The same could be said for her hearing. Her new heightened senses is the reason she so easily woke up.

Another problem she had was falling asleep. For some reason it as almost impossible to fall asleep for the last few days. She would go through the nightly routine and hit her soft bed. But when the time came to close her eyes and sleep she could not. There were too many thoughts rolling through her head and they would not stop. She found herself thinking about multiple things at the same time and couldn't settle down on just one thought. She'd stayed up more nights this month than she has in her life. Seeing as she was getting no where with her thoughts at night she decided to sit down and scratch them down on paper. She sorted them out into important, not important, possible for the future, school etc...

In the one month she had noticed how unaffected she was to temperature  change. It got freezing cold one night. Her mother  actually walked around in a thick jacket but the temperature did not affect her. She felt normal. When her mother had come to check on her due to worry she was surprised to find that her temperature was higher than normal. She didn't have a fever though. And that one time when she was out in the blazing sun she was again unaffected. This time it was Sora who checked her temperature. They were over at his house playing in the backyard. He was always complaining about the temperature. When he checked her it turns out her temperature had decreased to keep her cool. So it was only natural that she came to the conclusion that her body temperature changes to adapt to the outside temperature.

A lot if discoveries were made in this one month.

Today Shino felt like she could fall flat on her face at any moment. In all honesty she could. She felt sleep deprived. She didnt understand it though. She had a good night's sleep and slept regularly during the day before to make up for a sleepless night. So how is it that she felt as if she hadn't slept for hours? She didnt know at all.

Her parents weren't at home that morning. They had to work. It's nothing new. She's used to it by now. They're Astrape and Helios. Both named after Greek gods. Astrape is the Greek goddess of lightning and thunder while Helios ruled the sun. It's very fitting when one looks at their powers.

Nico had amazing lightning abilities. She could generate, conduct and control lightning with ease and even shoot it down from the sky. Or she could control the lightning being shot from the sky, either one is possible. It was like a super overpowered version if Kaminari's powers. She can also store up on electricity kind of like a battery. When she uses it out she gets very tired and might actually fall asleep quite easily. If she generates enough lightning in her feet or body she could run incredibly fast. Her drawbacks aren't the same though . Overuse can cause her to become paralyzed, suffer migraines and twitch uncontrollably as if she had been struck by lightning. Sometimes she would have lightning running through her and shock anyone who came in contact with her.