chapter 50

Shino pulled off her respirator as the last of the flames were extinguished by a pro hero. Momo had managed to contact the higher ups while Shino had evacuated the building of any human beings. She felt pretty good. She got everyone out safe. What luck. She made sure to stick around and help with anything needed. She cleared the road of any rubble. Helped the heroes use the fire hydrant. Made sure everyone had a respirator and cool blanket. All in all she was a good assist. She also stuck around in hopes of finding the parents of the kids she had rescued. No one came to get them. She was left wondering.

"Yui, do you have any idea where your parents are? "

The girl looked away sadly as she fidled with her dress. Shino could immediately tell something was wrong. Ryuu stood with folded arms and glared at nothing in particular. Shino sighed as she got down to their heights.

"What is it Yui? "

"Nothing"

"Something's bothering you. I can tell" Shino tapped her forehead with a small smile. "Come now you can tell me"

"We're orphans. The couple that adopted us aren't really the best of parents. They left this morning and we haven't seen them since" Yui admitted. She refused to meet Shino's eyes as she kept her eyes to the ground. She continued to nervously play with her dress. She didn't want to tell her. She knew that if she did they would end up in the orphanage again and be adopted by the same set of uncaring people. All they wanted was the money. And they would be separated. They said so. She wouldn't be able to see her brothers and sister again. And yet she told her. Shino was being so nice to her. Maybe she would do something.

"Why did you tell her!? You know what will happen " Ryuu exclaimed angrily. He would've kept his mouth shut. He wouldn't allow it. He would not be separated from his siblings. He had to protect them. If he didn't no one will. The world wasn't all hearts and roses. That's something he learned at a young age.

"I see" Shino's expression was unreadable. She tugged on her scarf as she seemed in thought . In all honesty she was pissed. People could really be fickle creatures. To think they would just leave the kids alone for a full day. "Have you eaten? "

Yui shook her head no.

Shino frowned. If she hasn't eaten then none of them had. That includes the baby. She gripped her fist as she tried to control her emotions. To tame her anger. She could not get too angry. She felt the fire within her flicker and start to grow. Why do people have to be like that? Why do they have t treat each other like dirt? Why do they hate and belittle? The human greed is what is robbing children of good homes. Parents that could care less.

Momo noticed the struggle within Shino. She was angry. She never allowed herself to get too angry. She always calmed herself before the fire could rise. Momo didn't know why but if Shino was trying so hard to repress the emotion she must have a reason. At the moment she was trying her hardest. Momo reacted instinctively and pressed a affectionate hand on Shino's shoulder. The girl tensed before relaxing and exhaling slowly.

"Are you alright? "

Shino nodded as she released her fist. She sighed again and buried some of the anger.

"Their orphans and their adopted parents left them alone all day. They haven't even eaten"

While her voice may sound calm Momo knew better. She kept her hand on her shoulder and squeezed softly. She could understand why Shino was so quickly angered. She herself could feel the familiar emotion present itself. How could they do such a thing?

Shino reached into one of her pouches and retrieved four chocolate bars. She smiled slightly and handed them one each. She looked at the baby for a while. She had some chocolate milk on her. She wondered if he was allowed to dink such a thing. He was very young. Only a couple of months. He was honestly very adorable. He was awake and bright eyed. Green eyes glimmering with innocence. He was surprisingly quiet.