chapter 28

The day had arrived and Shino was pumped. She had been very excited the entire morning and even gave an encouragjng speech, pulling her classmates into the excitement as well. She would let nothing ruin her good mood that morning. Not even running into TetsuTetsu the loud but loveable idiot. Shino's excitement was dwarved by Sora's however. He was practically buzzing. This was his chance to show off and boy would he show off. He would catch everyone's eye. Even shy little Ren seemed overly excited about the event. Although she was clearly nervous.

Currently everyone was in their locker room casually chatting with each other before everything got started. Shino was leaning against a wall sipping on a juice box while absentmindly staring at Momo. She seriously did not care if anyone caught her.

"Kiddo"

She hummed and finally tore her eyes off the ravenette. Shoto was standing in front if her, hands in his pocket and looking as serious as ever.

"What's up Todoroki? "

"You have proven to be better than me in virtually every field. I came to this school to become the best and to do so I need to beat the best. And you are the best in my eyes therefore I declare you my rival. I will beat you"

The room was silent as everyone took in the scene in front of them. Shino didn't really react to the declaration and just continued to sip on her juice.

"Is that so? " She said casually. "Do you expect me to take your seriously? "

"Yes I do"

"Well I cannot" Shino squeezed the last drop of liquid out of her box. "You declare me your rival. You say you'll beat me, but we both know you don't plan on using your full power. So I cannot take you seriously. If you do not give it your all this declaration means nothing to me"

Another pregnant silence. Shoto gripped his fists in his pockets tightly.

"I will beat you with my own power"

He turned and walked off. Shino watched him go and sighed as she dumped her empty juice box in the nearest trash can.

"Whatever you say"

"What the hell was that about? "

Shino shrugged and zipped up her jacket. "He hasn't answered my question yet"

Shino started to head out of the room knowing the time had arrived.

The declaration was directed at her instead of Izuku. She didn't know if she should be surprised or not. Maybe not, she was the one constantly nagging him. She was the one that ranked first on the recommended test. She was the one that beat him in a fight. She should have expected his challenge. Despite the honor and pride she feels about the development she can't take the challenge seriously. Not when Shoto is as he is right now. She would give it her all against him, but he wouldn't. He would use only half his power. If he went full force he could smite her. He could smite everyone in the competition. She just wanted him to break out of that shell he put himself in.

"It's time freshman stage! And the students are making their entry now! "

The sound of Present Mic pulled her out of her thoughts. She could hear the wild and excited cheers of the crowds.

Incredible hype for a school event.

They stepped out into the open. The cheers increases upon seeing the talk of the school.

Class 1A.

Shino adjusted her headphones when the cheers got incredibly loud. How many poeple were present? She looked through the crowd a huge number popping into her vision. She was really impressed with the crowd a school managed to gather. Well it wasn't any ordinary school though.