chapter 39

Ah, the weekend. Two beautiful days away from school. Two days for Shino to let waste away. Two days to laze around and do absolutely nothing. Two days to sleep as long as she could and only leave her room when hunger was overbearing. She loved the weekend. Especially after her victory at the sports festival. As much as she loved the weekend she could not wait for Monday. Internships were soon approaching and she was looking forward to it. She didn't know who she would choose. She planned in choosing one of her parents though. Maybe her mom.

Shino put all that aside and decided to sleep through Saturday. She had it all planned out. She would wake up at some random hour and gather as much sweets she could get away with into her room. She would only snack on them if needed to. Once that was finished she crashed into her bed and let out a purr of content. The weekend was going to be great

Sadly there was a dent in her plans. She could not fall asleep. She had been sprawled out on her bed for over thirty minutes and could not sleep. She had been staring at the same spot on the ceiling for the entire time and hardly blinked. She groaned in frustration and buried her head in her pillows. She was so freaking exhausted, but she could not sleep.

Why?!

Of all the days for her thoughts to just decide to torture her. It just had to be Saturday.

"Stop thinking. Stop thinking. Stop thinking "

She repeated the mantra over and over again, but alas her brain kept spewing thoughts at her. With a growl she threw herself out of bed and got her notebook at the ready.

"Alright then. If that's how it's going to be" She muttered with a glare as she began to scribble down her thoughts. She could never organize herself if she didn't write her thoughts down. There were too many at the same time, making it impossible to distinguish one from the other.

"Quirk ideas? "

She had scribbled down an entire list without even noticing. One in particular had her interest piqued. Cloud creation was the name she had unconsciously given it. The quirk did as the name said. It gave her the ability to create clouds by using the water particles in the air. The more water particles collected the bigger the cloud. She could also make it as dense as she desired successfully creating her own nimbus cloud. The idea was very appealing to her. She could just create a cloud and fly around for fun. Without a second thought she marked it as a possible quirk to add to her arsenal.

Another quirk idea caught her attention

She dubbed it mutated hormones. It would give her full control over her body's chemistry, making it possible to create whatever kind of chemical tool she may need on the fly, by extracting her own blood, as well as changing the physicall properties of her own body, like bonestructure, muscle mass, color of the skin/hair, even gender. However only within the boundries of what would be realistic for a normal human to have.

Mutated hormones was even more appealing to her. It literally gave her the ability to biologically produce a child without the assistance of a male. She could change her height. Hair color. Eye color and basically anything else. Why hadn't she thought of that before?

"This is genius"

Her frustration about not being able to sleep was soon forgotten as she went over the many quirk ideas she had. Most of them were genius ideas and would absolutely benefit her in any situation. She marked a couple off as quirks she would add on later. There was no need for them at the moment and creating more quirks would only wear her out more than she already was.

From quirks she moved on to thoughts about the future. She hadn't really been thinking about it that much. She was just going with the flow and doing her own thing. Knowing the course of her timeline does not mean she should just blindly follow it. She has her own life to live. Her own morals. Her own dreams and goals. Besides, everything already changed since her birth.