chapter 57

Shino stood at the bar, watching her friends have fun. Shoto had arrived not too long ago and found a place at the bar. He didn't look to happy and requested some tea. Shino chuckled at the request but got the boy what he wanted. She was more or less the bartender at the moment.

"Why the bad mood"

"My father tried to prevent me from coming" he said with distaste. "Something about you holding me back"

Shino raised an eyebrow in question. "Me holding you back? Am I not the one who convinced you to use your other half? He sure as hell didn't think I was holding you back then"

"Yes but then you kicked him in the balls"

Daichi did a spittake at the conment and ended up choking. He was quick to get himself back together only to burst into laughter. Even Akio had an amused smile on his face. No one really likes Endeavor. Hearing that someone was brave enough to pull such a stunt was gold.

"I can't believe you actually did that" Daichi snickered.

Shino shrugged.

"That's a bit vulgar, don't you think? " Momo asked with a worried expression. "What if you damaged his uh... " she didn't seem capable of saying it.

"So be it" Shino was not worried at all. If the man could have no more children because she busted his balls she would be very happy. All his children had to suffer though his want for power. He treated them like trash. Drove his wife to insanity. And treats Shoto like nothing more than a means to achieve his selfish dreams. How can he be a hero if he can't save hid own family?

"Hey Shoto, how about you spend a day at my place. " Shino asked. "I'm sure you would like to get away from your old man"

Shoot actually cracked a small smile and pulled a backpack out of nowhere. Shino returned his smile. Seems he had already planned on sticking around.

"Hey Todoroki" Daichi looked at the boy full of curiosity. "If you ate a whole ice cube while activating both of your quirks, would it freeze or melt in your mouth? "

Everyone near the bar stopped what they were doing to look at the boy. There was silence as the question registered and everyone thought about it. Shoto seemed so deep in thought about it. It was like it was one of life's biggest mystery to him.

"Give me an ice cube"

Even Momo giggled at the deadly serious look Shoto had on his face when he said that. He seemed determined to figure it out. Shino was more than happy to help. She handed him a glass full of ice and watched the boy place an ice cube in his mouth. Everyone stared at him in silence, awaiting his answer.

"I see " he said very thoughtfully.

"So? What happened?

He was about to answer the question but someone decide it was a good idea to throw Reichi at him. The little boy impacted the older and they fell to the ground. Shino looked dumbfounded. Why was Reichi soaring through the sky? Who had thrown him? Why at Shoto?

"Reichi! "Yuki's voice was heard.

"Bro! "That was Ryuu

"Big brother! "And that was Yui.

Shoto sat up, with the boy in his lap. He looked at him, completely confused. Reichi returned his look and yawned. The boy rubbed his eye and curled into the very confused Shoto. He was lying on his right side and shifted uncomfortably. He the sat up and moved to the left, again he shifted. Again he sat up but this time he just rested his head on his chest, sitting in the middle. He seemed content there.