chapter 34

A sigh.

No surprise it came from Shino.

She was still in her seat. Hadn't moved at all. She was leaned forward, arm on her knees and chin in hands. She was paying close attention to every fight. Every move. Katsuki's match went pretty much the same as it did in the anime. Shino wanted to hit him for behaving as he did. She withheld herself, knowing that Katsuki wasn't all that bad and tried to end the match as soon as possible as to not hurt Uraraka anymore than he needed to. Despite what others may think a heart can be found in that chest of his. A beating healthy heart. Tokoyami won his fight against Iida. Iida gave him some trouble. He was never in one place and continuously running around. She understood that it was to make it hard for Tokoyami to actually attack him. But alas he lost and took it like good sportsman. The fight between Akio and Daichi. Now that. That was something that got Shino way too excited. She was curious as to who would win. She already had so many theories and outcomes to the fight by the time they entered to arena.

She used all knowledge she had on both boys. Daichi could teleport. That's basic. Shino actually let herself look further into is info while ignoring anything personal. She learned that Daichi was pretty skilled in hand to hand combat. He also has really high agility and reflexes. He may not look much and the way he acts might make others think that he isn't that smart. Looks can be deceiving.

Now Akio. Akio was the calm and collected kind. Obviously he is skilled in wielding various melee weapons. His hand to hand was on par with Daichi. An intense close combat will be interesting to watch. He's skilled at wielding any melee weapons, which make a lot of sense. Akio, as Shino suspected, had enhanced strenght. It wasn't a boost that came with his quirk. He must have trained very hard to achieve such strength. He could be as strong as Katsuki and Izuku. And those two are incredibly strong from training alone. Coupled with that he also shows incredible speed the would come in handy when faced with Daichi.

Who would win?

The first blow was thrown by Daichi. His teleportation speed had increased during the time he spent training. He appeared right above Akio arranged and ready for a drop kick. It looked as if the kick would land. But despite Daichi's speed the kick didn't land. Akio was faster and blocked the attack with a transformed staff.

Distance was made immediately. Daichi knew better than to be anywhere near Akio when he pulls out a weapon.

The two boys stood a few feet apart for some time. Each were eyeing the other mindfully. The air between them was tense and everything was quiet.

With an experienced twirl the staff was gone and replaced by knuckle brasses.

With out any warning what so ever Akio was no longer in his original position. His speed was impressive. Even Shino was shocked. She wasn't expecting such level of momentum.

Daichi was fast enough to bolt out of the way of what would have no doubt been a very painful blow to the chest. It hadn't even been five seconds before he was swerving through an abundance of swings aimed at him. His movements were smooth and natural as if such movements were things he did on the daily. Each blow was evaded, blocked countered. He wasn't being pushed back, but he wasn't overpowering Akio either. All the while he had a massive smile on his face

"Tagawa is fast"

"No kidding. Are you seeing how fast Kotoge is throwing these punches? How can he actually keep up? "

Shino was quiet, ignoring her fellow classmates for the most part. It's obvious the boys have equal speed. At least it is to Shino.

Daichi decided to finally throw a punch of his own. He smoothly side stepped one of Akio's strikes and aimed one at his stomach so fast it was almost a blur. Momentum builds force, so even though Daichi is weaker than Akio his punch could actually do some damage. The blow didn't connect and Daichi had to duck a high kick and roll out of the trajectory of an incoming fist.