chapter 24

"Hiro, are you alright? "

This question was asked when she was pulled into a bone crushing hug by her parents. She sighed and let then hug her, enjoying the comfort she felt in their arms. She was exhausted. Her muscles ached as a result of using her booster for over thirty minutes. She had manifested a headache on her journey home and was in desperate need of a nap. So, no. She was not ok. Of course she wasn't going to tell her already worried parents that.

"I'm fine. I rallied my class and we showed those villains who's boss" Shino managed a cheerful smile as she wiggled out of her parent's grip. She started to unbutton her blazer as she made her way up the stairs.

"I'm not that convinced" Nico said as she followed her daughter up the stairs. She knew how Shino can be. She doesn't show much care about anything and seems to take amusement in every situation. She's a very caring person even if she doesn't show it often. She doesn't like when others worry about her, preferring to put on an act as to not worry others. It may work on others but not on Nico. A mother always knows when their child is lying.

Shino stumbled into her room her tie loose on her neck and blazer halfway down her arms. She groaned and face planted into her bed. She felt her blazer being pulled off her and knew it was her mother. She didn't bother saying anything and remained as she was.

"It's not very nice to lie to your parents Shino" The blazer was removed and Nico then busied herself with the black sneakers Shino adorned.

Shino mumbled something into her pillow that made Nico giggle.

"Don't be stubborn" The sneakers were removed and Nico pulled off the band holding Shino's hair in her signature pony tail before nudging her onto her back.

Shino sighed, but rolled onto her back and stared at her smiling mother as she removed the tie around her neck.

"I'll undress myself "

"You'll probably fall asleep while you're at it"

"I need a nap"

"You need a shower as well. It's best you wash off before going to bed. It'll ease the pain in the muscles"

"How? "

Nico's response was a giggle as she worked on Shino's dress shirt. "I am your mother. Plus I was informed of the battle by Emiko. She said something about a creature created for Toshinori's destruction. You'd have to add a boost to your abilities to hold such a thing back"

The shirt was removed leaving Shino in her sports bra and pants.

"You must be proud of these abs of yours" Nico commented as she poked Shino's toned stomach. Shino flinched at the contact and glared at her smiling mother. "I suggest you get in the shower"

Shino grumbled before doing as told. She started to remove her pants on her trek to the bathroom. She had no choice but to do as her mother said. She would probably be electrocuted otherwise.

Once in the bathroom Shino leaned against the wall as she watched her tub slowly fill with warm water. She looked away and opened a nearby cabinet removing three odd devices. She started to remove her scarf, holding her breath in the process. The scarf was removed and one of the devices was placed over her nose. She released her breath in a sigh. Her headphones went next and she flinched in pain when sounds assaulted her. She quickly put the other two devices over her ears and made sure they were secure. She didn't like putting them on. She didn't really need to. Her scarf was made out of water resisting material and her headphones we're water proof. It's just a bother having them on during a bath. She really wished she had control over her senses, but nothing changed over the years.