Chapter 11

4 years later

There was a tingling in the back of Shino's head and she instinctively ducked just in time to dodge a metal pole. Another warning in the back of her head sent her jumping back in order to make some distance between her opponent.

"You almost had me there. You're weapon play is as impressive as ever Momo"

Momo smiled and and threw the pole at Shino. Reacting fast Shino snatched the weapon out of the air before it hit her. She swung it around expertly and planted it in the sand.

"Apparently I'm not as impressive as you"

Shino chuckled at that and pushed off the ground in a dash towards Momo. Her fist was raised ready for attack and a big grin was plastered on her face.

Momo quickly dodged the incoming attack and followed with one of her own. With a quick twist Shino was out of the way and aiming a kick at her opponent. Her attack was dodged and countered.

Things went like this for the next few minutes. One would send an attack and the other would dodge, block or parry.

Hand to hand combat training. It had been something they did together after knowing each other for half a year. Momo like Shino was a fast learner and could read the other's attacks after watching her movements. She would then adapt and push back. The same could be said for Shino and so their fighting became a back and forth. Shino kept her strength conceited as to not hurt Momo and make the fight more of a challenge. As such there was hardly ever a winner between the two.

"I think that's enough for today " Shino stepped back and massaged her wrist. Momo had twisted it not to long ago and it was taking some time for the pain to fade. "Were you trying to break my wrist?"

"I apologize for that"

Despite the apology Momo had a proud smile on her face. She didn't even try to hide it from the very skeptical Shino.

"Oi! What are you two doing here?"

The girls turned their attention to the voice and saw Katsuki, Sora and Izuku sliding down the sand of the beach.

"This beach is our training ground"

"It doesn't belong to us Kacchan"

"Why are you such a possessive bastard? "

"Shut it, Mini might! "

"Hey Sora, Izuku"

"Hey! Why did you ignore me! "

"Because you're being too loud " Shino sighed and adjusted her headphones.

"Hey Momo. Ignore Katsuki, he's an idiot. You two are free to use the beach"

"I know by now that Bakugo can be a lot to deal with" Momo giggled. "And I think it's great that you boys are cleaning the beach while benefiting out of it"

"Arent we smart? "Sora beamed with pride.

"It was my suggestion " Shino deadpanned. "Anyway, what do you three plan on doing? "

"Training of course. We'll clean the beach and in turn boost our strength! These things are heavy"

"Are they?" Shino and Sora questioned at the same time.

Izuku looked at them blankly. "Of course the two of you wouldn't think so"

"Ah, well I'll be taking my leave then"

"Don't you want to train with us?"

"Not today"

After saying their goodbyes Shino and Momo left the beach. Momo's house wasn't all that far from the beach and from there Shino would make her way home. She had her own transportation after all. She had successfully trained her webs until she could pull more than twice her weight. Once that was achieved she tried her hand at webbing through the city.