chapter 36

Shino stumbled as she narrowly dodged a strike from Momo's iron pole. Things took a serious turn once Momo stripped Shino of all her physical abilities and messed up her spinneret. She couldn't shoot any webs. When she tried her wrists actually bled. That was only because she continuously tried to shoot webs even though she knew nothing would leave the slit in her wrist.

It sucked. But she was excited by the turn of events.

She was putting effort into her match. A lot of effort. It's not something she's used to. She always holds herself back in fight to make it harder and interesting. And there's the fact that she wasn't allowed to reveal her real quirk. She was never at full capacity. Not when she sparred with her father the boys or Momo. Not even when she fought the Nomu. She only increased her strength by five. If she had gone higher people would start to get suspicious.

Now she could barely defend herself. Her strength was so low it was probably in hell. The same could be said for all her physical attributes. Her speed went out the window. Her reflexes decided it was time to snack on fatty foods. Her endurance felt it was the time to take a nice long nap.

Yeah she was practically as strong as a seven year old. A normal quirkless seven year old.

The only way to stop the effects of the device dug into her shoulder is to remove it. Too bad its dug into her skin and holding her in a deadly grip. Pulling it out was the only way Shino could do it herself currently. Momo could easily do by pressing a button.

Another attack was aimed her way and this time Shino actually lost her balance and fell. She didn't stay on the ground for too long and quickly rolled away from incoming attacks.

"You know I was not expecting you to pull this one off" Shino came dangerously close to a concussion. "Pretty genius "

"You did tell me that all's fair against you"

Shino chuckled and side stepped another hit. "That I did. And now I can barely stay on my feet"

Another near miss.

Shino could feel herself rapidly losing stamina. She needed to end the match before she was too weak or exhausted to do anything. She really had to give Momo major points for what she pulled off. She didn't even hesitate. She's actually starting to believe in herself.

Shino wouldn't have it any other way.

With a determined huff Shino set off to defy all odds. She charged at Momo, fist at the ready. Momo moved quick and blocked the attack. It wouldn't have done much damage either way. Shino moved as fast as she could to line up another attack. Again it was blocked. She did it again. She was evaded. Again. She was countered. The counter really hurt. Again. And again and again. She kept going at Momo in a certain order. She kept attacking in the same fashion long enough for Momo to get used to it. Her attacks were always straight on. Just determined punches and kicks. They didn't have much strength behind them and her movements were slow.

And then she did something else. She looked as if she was going for a blow to the stomach. Her fist was set and ready. Her movements obvious. Momo got ready for the attack.

At the last moment Shino twisted very suddenly and very oddly. She moved in such a slurred fashion that Momo was actually puzzled. Shino stumbled and put on a show of falling, but she didn't. She caught herself and swung her arm.

Momo didn't see that coming and raised an arm to block the hit. Instead she was swept off her feet.

Shino smiled as she stumbled back. She swayed on the spot.

It appeared as if she was drunk.

She jumped on her spot as she eyed the curious Momo.

"What are you up to? " Momo asked suspiciously.