Chapter 9

Shino was humming to herself as she enjoyed the juice box in her hand. She was sat on the well known hospital bed in the same room she had visited multiple times before. She had went through multiple tests that lasted around thirty minutes. The doctor wandered off to run the results in the lab. While she waited she told Nemuri more about her quirk and it's conditions.

"So you need sugar to prevent you from suffering dangerous drawbacks"

"That's right"

"And despite the amount of sugar you consume on a daily basis you still feel sleep deprived the entire day long"

"Yes"

"And despite your desire to sleep you can't because your brain won't let you"

"Correct again"

Nemuri was quiet for a moment and only stared at the contented Shino. She hadn't notice how tired she seemed until that moment. She was very good at hiding it though.

"You are one tough kid" Nemuri said. "How much sleep do you get? "

"At least four hours. Every night I spend hours writing down my thoughts until my thoughts arent trying to split my brain in half"

"Must be frustrating "

"It is sometimes. Most of the time, but the sugar does give me some energy even if it doesn't last too long"

There was a click of the door opening and in stepped the doctor. He held a notepad in has hands and was writing down unknown notes.

"What's up doc"

"All of your physical attributes" was the reply from the doctor.

"I knew that already though. Tell me, do I have a venom sack in my throat? Bio-electric energy threads produced from fingers? Tiny hairs that aid me in sticking to objects? A danger sense? An ability to camouflage myself? "

"Um.. Yeah, you do actually. How do you know that? "

Shino sighed and finished her juice. "Yesterday I discovered that I could produce some sort of white flame. If I focus I can turn it into anything I want. I turned it into a notebook and found that i could write in it if I pictured the words on the pages. My friends suggested I come up with a quirk just for fun and I did. I came up with a spider mutant quirk. It would give the user enhanced physical attributes and abilities of the spider. Lo and behold the next day I wake up showing the characteristics of the very quirk I created the day before"

"You're saying you created this quirk? "

"Yes"

"You created this quirk? "

"Yeah I just said so aunt Nemuri"

The doctor adjusted his glasses and started to pace around the room.

"I guess it does make sense. Your body produces cells that can turn into any other everyday. When you had written that quirk in that flame of yours your cells must have worked to create the cells that would give you the abilities of the quirk you came up with. Maybe that's what they were waiting for. Orders. "

Shino rubbed her chin in thought.

"I was and still am feeling activity in the pit of my stomach. It's like a constant stirring. It increased yesterday when I had written that quirk down" Shino mumbled. "If what you said is true then.... "

"You have the ability to create any quirk you come up with" Nemuri said with sudden realization.

"This is amazing. Such a thing has never happened before. Its one in a million! " The doctor could not hide the excitement and bewilderment he felt. "The constant activity in your body tires you out making you feel sleep deprived. You'd easily fall asleep because of this so your body must have created a security system in the form of your forcefield bubble"