Chapter Two

Once upon a time, long, long ago... well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks... basically all the really interesting people... and he booted them off to the isle of the lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. This is their hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out. Or so they thought. Hang on, you're about to meet them. But first this happened...
•••

Prince Ben stood still as his fitter took measurements for his coronation outfit, being only a month away.

"Sleeve. Head. Ah-ha!" Mumbled the man to the prince as he moved not paying attention to being told to stand still. Just then Belle and the Beast walked in admiring their son as he stood tall looking ready to step up and take the title as future king of Auradon.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" Exclaimed the king with a smile on his face. Ben smiled at his father, hoping he'd live up to the title and make him proud.

"He's turning 16, dear." Belle said lovingly as she set her gaze on her son.

"Hey, pops." Ben greeted only to be ignored as his parents carried on their conversation.

    "16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." Beast said causing Belle to look at him.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." Belle replied eyeing her beast.

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot.... Kidding." Beast murmurs the last part noticing Belles look directed at him. Ben laughs with his father before stopping entirely seeing his mother's face.

    "Mom, dad..." Ben says to get their attention and moving forward a bit causing his fitter to struggle a bit as he tries to get the prince to stay still.

"I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost and the daughter of a former god to be given a chance to live here in Auradon." Ben states as he tries to remain with a strong composure, he keeps talking before his father dismisses his idea entirely.

"Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned and I can't imagine being neglected by my own family. Can you please just take into consideration how much pain they've been through? Being locked up for their parents mistakes?" He says not liking the look on their faces. Ben had spent the past few days reading more information about the Greek gods, and if the stories are true, then they neglected Hades for his mistakes and since Hades is stuck for all eternity, then his only daughter is being blamed.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Beast rephrased as if trying to convince himself his own son just said that to them.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." Ben continues in hope his father would try to listen and not just see the bad side of things.

"Have you?" The beast challenges, trying to make his son forget the idea.

    "I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?" Belle says calmly as she urges her son to continue.

"Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Evil Queen... Maleficent and Hades." The prince hears his fitter drop his things as he gasped, his parents wearing the same shocked expression. Silence. The king processed the names quite quickly, leading him to almost loose it.

"Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land! And I'm sorry but did I hear you correctly? Hades! Son that is impossible, are you hearing yourself right now?" The beast shouts, the fitter gathering his things and rushing out of the room. Ben holds his ground, knowing it wasn't going to be so easy to convince his father.