Chapter Thirty Two

I sat up, slightly shaken up, I felt my heart beating quickly and tried to calm myself down.

"Woah, you okay Heidi?" I heard Carlos' voice call out but it sounded distant, I was trying to grasp what I had dreamt about. Worry filling my entire body.

"Hey look at me." Carlos pulled me up and sat down close, pulling me up so I was able to look directly at him.

"You'd tell me if someone was lying to me right? Keeping something from me?" I asked quietly and quickly, who was alive? Who was coming back? All these questions only made my mind buzz with fear. Fear of not knowing what was coming.

"Heidi, look at me, what color are my eyes?" Carlos asked quietly, I shot him a confused look but focused on his question either way.

"They're brown." I mumbled, smiling slightly to myself as I looked into his puppy like eyes.

"Okay, now listen to me, I'm not hiding anything, I promise you that right now. And if anyone else was, you'd be the first to hear it from me, okay? I know our friends aren't being completely honest with us, but I'm being honest with you." Carlos told me, I took in his every word and allowed myself to relax in his arms.

This is Carlos, my first friend here, my best friend.

"Okay... I'm sorry about that." I mumbled embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it, I was just going to wake you up, it's time." He smiled brightly, but I could see the questions in his innocent brown eyes, I know I was slowly loosing it again, I just had to make it through tonight.

"Is she awake?"

Evie asked coming through the door. She smiled with excitement as she saw me and came to pull me up carefully.

Before any of us could say another word, trumpets sounded from outside. Evie fixed my makeup quickly and pulled me out of the door, chills ran up my spine. This was it.

"Now, may I present to you, Our Lady of the Court, and our future Queen, Heidi of the Underworld." I heard my name and the last thing I saw was Carlos grinning at me as he pushed me gently towards the opening.

People gasped and applauded as I smiled down at them. My eyes met Ben's and it's as if I fell in love all over again. I walked down the stairs on my own, my eyes not once leaving Ben's as I heard Evie squeal behind me.

Once I reached the bottom Ben took my hand and kissed it, stepping back and looking at me from head to toe.

"You are so gorgeous." He whispered, making me laugh and lean in to kiss him quickly.

"You two are absolutely perfect." I heard Belle gush from beside us, her eyes filled with unshed tears.

We smiled her way but our attention was taken as we saw Asher walk up to the stairs.

Jay rushed up next to me, his eyes looking panicked.

"I found him, but we have a problem..."

Before he could continue Asher got everyone's attention.

"Excuse me, I have someone very important for you all to meet, and I hope you all accept her with open arms" Asher's voice sounded loudly and everyone quieted down, all confused as to who he was going to introduce.

Without another word, Uma stepped out from the shadows above the stairs I had just walked down from and all around us people gasped in horror and the panicked whispers began.

Ben tensed from beside me immediately and Beast pulled Belle behind him quickly. Jay stood at my side protectively, as did Ben.

I almost laughed, they both knew I was more powerful than both of them combined yet they still felt the need to protect me.