Chapter Ten

Heidi

"Look, It's Mal." Some girls waved at Mal with excitement.

"Hi, Mal! Love my hair, Mal!"

"Are you feeling kind of weird about this? I mean, It's not so bad here, you know." Jay spoke, I looked at him feeling sad since I knew they were being forced to do something they don't want to.

"Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!" Mal snapped, I frowned, Maleficent must have really got into her head.

"Thanks, Mal. I needed that." Jay smiled.

"Do you think they actually paid for those?" I heard Audreys whiny voice speak a few feet away. I glanced up and saw Ben looking over at me. I haven't really talked to him since yesterday, this feeling in my chest wasn't going away.

"Oh, hello. The name's Jay. You all going to the tourney game tonight?" Jay flirted, I looked away and went to stand with Mal.

"Yeah."

"Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal." I rolled my eyes but smiled, this guy just doesn't know when to stop.

"Okay." I looked down at his and Mal's little fan club, poor gullible girls.

"She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it." Audrey kept talk, I wanted to walk over and slap her.

"What's the harm?" Ben's voice brought me out of my thoughts, I looked at him and let myself stare for a few seconds.

"It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know it's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?" The whiny princess spoke as she glared at me, Ben noticed and I saw him frown before turning back to her.

"Listen, Audrey..." He started, what is he about to do?

"I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?" Audrey interrupted him.

"Okay..."

"Bye, Bennyboo." Audrey said walking away.

"Bye..."

Mal quickly gave me the bag of cookies and tossed the other bag into her locker, if the love spell didn't work then we would quickly try the truth spell, so I quickly fixed myself and walked towards Ben.

"Hey, Bennyboo!" I mimicked Audrey, Ben turned and laughed but kept his eyes on me.

"Hey."

"I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?" I asked waving the bag a bit. His eyes lit up but then he frowned sadly at me.

"Oh, I, uh, I've got a big game. I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so, so much. Thank you. Next time. Next time, we'll make some together later, yeah?" He smiled weakly at me. I came up with the best sad face I could and looked at him.

"No, yeah. I completely understand. Be careful of treats offered by Hades' daughter, you might get poisoned." I gave him a knowing smirk.

He looked at me and it looked like he was battling with himself.

"No, no, no." He started reaching out for my hand that wasn't holding the cookies.

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that." I pulled my hand away before he could get ahold of it.

"No, that's not it. No, no, no, I... I really do..." he frowned at my actions.

"No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart. Oh, well, more for me, I guess." I pulled one out and brought it up to my lips.