Chapter Thirty Nine

********

Heidi

I sat down on my bed and tried to calm myself down, but all I could feel was rage. I felt betrayed by Mal, by Evie and most importantly, by my father.

I trembled slightly, my skin was hot and I felt my body begging me to let go. To give into the pain and let the rage blind me.

I was terrified.

I could destroy this bedroom in seconds. I could burn this kingdom to the ground and destroy the Isle my father was currently trapped on. I could go back to Mount Olympus and kill Zeus.

I could become the ruler. I can make this horrible world a better place and get rid of all the horrible people that exist.

I felt the walls around my heart slowly form again, every friendship I've formed forgotten, every memory I felt happy in suddenly disappeared.

I could make everyone regret hurting me.

Beginning with Mal.

*******

Transporting myself to the front of the school I saw Mal with the others, as well as some pirates and... Uma?

Once they saw me walking to them they went quiet and just watched as I walked up to Mal.

"You have no idea how bad I want to kill you." I said as I wrapped my hand around her throat.

"Heidi... you need to relax." Evie said from behind me making all the more angry.

"You need to shut up." I replied as I continued to choke Mal.

"H-Heidi, please relax. I'm your sister..." Mal said desperately as she tried to breath.

"You should know family means nothing to me." I said as I dug my nails into her neck.

"Heidi, remember who the real enemy is. I know you're angry with Mal, but she doesn't want you dead." Carlos said from next to me.

Carlos...

I looked into Mal's eyes and saw tears falling down her cheeks.

Who's the real enemy?

Mal has been lying to me since I first met her.

My father betrayed me by going and having another kid even after knowing how badly I was being treated.

Zeus lied to me for centuries.

Aphrodite tried to kill me.

Aphrodite.

She set Kronos free.

I immediately let go of Mal and realized that I lost my composure.

"Oh my gods..." I whispered to myself. I backed up away from Mal, watching as she caught her breath on the floor.

I bumped into someone and felt them turn me around before pulling me into a hug.

Jay's strong arms wrapped around me as I blinked back my tears.