Chapter Twenty

Heidi

"Go away mother." Mal's voice breaks, her eyes watery and I know she feels like she failed.

"She's funny. Oh! I'm so... you're very funny. Here. Wand me. Chop chop. Now!" Maleficent states, Ben's eyes are in a panic, he looks at me as Maleficent walks towards us.

"Oh how I've been waiting to finally see you... how's the family?" Maleficent says to me, I look at her with mild interest, but I think my eyes give me away, what the actual fuck?

"Poor girl, so confused." Maleficent snickers before we hear fairy godmother.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi..." she begins, but Maleficent beats her and freezes everyone except Mal, Jay, Evie, Carlos and I.

"Boo. Psych. Ooh. Ooh, in another time, in another time. Evil like me, don't you wanna be mean... Ow! Oh. Oh, no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs. Where shall we begin?" Maleficent states, her eyes taking us in. Every time our eyes meet I see her persona waver. She knows something and I need to know what.

"Please just leave me alone! I'm not your puppet anymore." Mal replies. They got some serious issues but I'll just mind my business because my family is no better.

"Puppet? Oh darling don't make me laugh, you in that dress and looking like one of these no good suck ups is making you look like a puppet! You're no princess, you are my daughter and you will follow my foot steps!" Maleficent raises her voice, her electric green eyes taking over for a second.

"You don't know what I want! Mom, have you ever once asked me what I want? I'm not you!" Mal shouts out, I can tell she's getting desperate.

"Oh, obviously. I've had years and years and years and... Years of practice being evil. You'll get there." Maleficent presses on, I'm currently very bored and the only reason I'm not pretending to be frozen is because Carlos and the other two seem to be frozen in fear. Carlos's hand is practically glued to my hand.

"No I will not, I feel free here, I'm happy and my friends aren't afraid of me, I can be my own person." Mal speaks, I feel proud but I don't have time to mentally cheer her on because that seems to break Maleficent's facade.

"I know one thing you lady, you will never be free of me!" Maleficent shouts.

"And now I command, wand to my hand! Ha! It worked!" Mal shouts, the wand going to hers in seconds, wow okay this just got interesting.

"I hardly think so. Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand. Give me the wand!" Maleficent screams out, her eyes going crazy with panic.

"Hold on, Mal. Maybe good really is more powerful than evil." Carlos says, his sweaty hand lets me know he's scared, they're all scared.

"Oh, please! You're killing me. Arf! Oh! Oh, the breath! The breath! Get off me! Gaston should be jealous. Enough! You all will regret this!" Maleficent barks at Carlos, which makes me want to laugh but then Jay runs up to her to try to give us time to run.

"Come on Jay! Run!" I shout at him, loving this thrill. Who knew it'd be this exciting?

We run down the isle and suddenly Evie turns and shines her mirror and Maleficent, who is now a dragon? I can't even keep up.

"Behind me, E! Leave my friends alone! This is between you and me, mother. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before five hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before five hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before five hearts as one!" Mal chants, and Maleficent suddenly shrinks down to a lizard.

"What the fuck just happened?" I ask, completely confused. Carlos looks at me like he's ran a mile and the rest look just as shook up.

"What just happened?" Mal asks.

"Did you do it?" Evie looks at me and then to Mal.

"No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why It's so itty-bitty." Fairy Godmother rushes to us, how is she unfrozen?

I doze off, looking at Maleficent, her little eyes looking into my own, something inside me turns, I don't like the way she seems like she knows something I don't.

"And I believe this... Belongs to you. You all have earned yourselves an "a" in goodness class. Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" Fairy Godmother turns to me, handing me Ben's ring, I dropped it? I smiled gratefully and slipped it back on.

A second later everyone unfreezes and Ben and his father come charging in our direction, I quickly slow Ben down and smile up at his confused figure.

"We got it all wrapped up here, King Benjamin." I wink up at him, he lets out a laugh and bear hugs me.

"Thank you... so much." Ben whispers down at me, I look up into his brown eyes and see how scared he was, he thought it would have been the end before he even got to start his reign.

"Anything for you my little king." I smiled up at him, his face broke out in a grin and he pulled me in for another hug, I can tell he isn't as worried anymore, Mal and the others turned out to be good kids, they deserved a second chance, and that is all he ever wanted to begin with.

**********

Back in the underworld....

Pain and Panic had things going smoothly, they signed the checks, were up to the seconds with who came and who went, they even hired a few other demons to clean and help around as well, anything to keep their Queen happy.

But there's been a few whispers in the shadows, something horrible is trying to break free, something that could be the end of both Auradon, and Mount Olympus.

Pain and Panic soon heard these whispers, and after a quick decision, they call their Queen back, and this time, Heidi will uncover even more secrets hidden away by the gods long, long ago, secrets that were hidden in plain sight.

End of Part One

*****
A/N

I am literally SCREAMING, Part one is DONE! But DON'T worry, I'm going to start Part 2 right now!!!! I know all you Asher lovers may have thought I was done with him, but I'm just getting started! <3 You have no idea how many twists and turns I have planned, you read the beginning, but you better be ready to contain your excitement with what's to come. 💛