Chapter Twenty Nine-M

Song - Baby... by María Isabel 🧿

❤︎︎𝙷𝚎𝚒𝚍𝚒❤︎︎

"Let's shower, yeah?" I mumbled softly against Ben's chest. He didn't reply but helped me stand up and guided us to the bathroom. I glanced at ourselves in the mirror and realized I looked somewhat dead. My eyes seemed to be empty and I looked awfully pale.

Aphrodite had been slowly killing me and my appearance proves it.

"Don't look at yourself yet, this isn't you." Ben's voice made my eyes slowly meet his own, I expected to see pity but all I saw was gentleness and love.

Love...

How could he love me after what I did to him...?

"Did I ever tell you what I first thought when I met you?" Ben spoke softly as he helped me undress. I glanced at his body and realized he was already undressed himself.

I was silent for a moment before I fully understood his question.

He's trying to distract me from my thoughts.

I truly don't deserve him.

"No..." I mumbled, the steam of the hot shower waiting for us hugging around me gently.

"I was nervous, more nervous than I had been when becoming King." Ben laughed softly as he helped me in the shower.

I didn't reply but visibly relaxed as the warm water enveloped my body, Ben's own body pressing lightly against mine.

"I remember waking up at 5 in the morning and going on a jog because I couldn't sleep that night, I wasn't sure if you even existed, all I knew was that I had met the most gorgeous women in a dream I had a few weeks earlier and I knew I had to meet her. I had to help her." His confession made me smile lightly, while he was nervous about meeting me that morning, I was in Mount Olympus giving the other God's and Goddess's hell.

"When I saw the limo pull into the courtyard I almost turned and ran back to my room. I suppose the only good thing Audrey ever did for me was holding me in a death grip that morning to keep me from doing so." Ben laughed aloud, I couldn't help but join in.

"I saw Carlos and Jay fall out as they fought over whatever it was they were fighting over and I felt happy with my decision to bring them over, they were just kids. Then Evie and Mal stepped out and I felt somewhat disappointed because I let myself believe you didn't accept my invitation." Ben continued as I let myself get lost in his story.

"Then you stepped out and it was like all those feelings vanished and all I could focus and think about was you. You stood straight and had this confidence only a goddess can possess, you weren't looking for ways to destroy my kingdom from the get go, you simply wanted to enjoy it."

That was true.

"I fell in love with you the moment you looked into my eyes. I knew I would love you until the day I died and even after. The only meaning I had in this life was to become king and protect Auradon, but all of that changed the moment I saw you. The moment you confessed your love for me. My meaning in life is to love you, to treat you like the queen you are." His words brought tears to my eyes and before the water could wash them away he gently turned me to face him.

"I'm not sure of a lot of things, but the only thing I am sure of is my love for you. I know you feel at fault for what happened, but I know it wasn't you, and I need you to forgive yourself in order to keep becoming the queen you are destined to become." He finished and I felt at loss for words.

"I love you."

I whispered before glancing up to meet his gaze. A small smile covered his lips and he leaned down to kiss my forehead.