Chapter Twenty Two

Third Person POV

With Mal and Evie in their dorm

"How does she do it?" Mal asked Evie, as they both sat and watched as Heidi and Ben sit and have tea with Jasmine and Aladdin, Heidi talking and laughing with Jasmine as if they've been life long friends.

"She loves Ben, love can make you change in a heartbeat." Evie replied, smiling lovingly at the screen, she was happy for Heidi, not so long ago she was filled with hate, and now she's happier then she's ever been in eons.

"Yeah... it does." Mal replied sadly but still smiled as Heidi and Ben playfully fought over the bowl of cherries, Ben's laugh sounding the quiet room.

Mal has felt very out of place, she wasn't jealous nor envious of Heidi, but she did wonder how she could fit in so perfectly with the Auradon people. Actually, she knew the answer, Heidi and Ben were soulmates, two completely different souls, one a human, one a goddess. It was truly a love story like something out of a fairytale.

"Mal...?" Evie asked, her eyes watching Heidi sadly.

"Yes?" Mal replied, glancing at Evie and becoming confused, why was she suddenly so sad?

"When are you going to tell her?" Evie asked. Mal looked up at Evie, who was still staring sadly at the screen.

"I can't be the one to tell her Evie." Mal said harshly, but she knew Evie was right, when was Heidi going to find out?

"You're one of her best friends, even more than that, you have to be the one to tell her." Evie replied, her voice hurt at her best friends selfishness.

"It's not my place to tell, now drop it." Mal replied angrily, but they both knew it was only a matter of time before Heidi found out.

***************

Heidi 

"Hey Heidi!"

I heard his voice before I was literally tackled to the floor by a mop of white hair.

"Carlos! I missed you!" I laughed, before feeling Dude jump on Carlos and start biting his hair.

"Owwww dude! I told you to stop doing that." Carlos whined as he and Dude continued to fight on the floor of the hall outside. I laughed before pulling Carlos up, his hair completely messed up.

"Heidi! Tell Jay to stop torturing those girls, he needs to just pick someone to go to Cotillion with." Carlos said, as Jay came up and threw his arm around me. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Jay, who had a smirk on his face.

"I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them." Jay grinned, giving a group of girls his fuckboy smile as they walked by.

"Oh please, you don't even know how to dance." I scoffed, making Carlos laugh along with me.

"Oh but I do. I'm an excellent dancer.... in bed." Jay finished, making Carlos and I howl with laughter.

"I bet you can't even last 2 minutes." I said, clinging onto Carlos as we laughed, my stomach was hurting, and Jay standing there with his cheeks red only made it funnier.

"Funny." Jay said, finally laughing along. After a few minutes of us giggling to ourselves in the hall, Carlos spoke up.

"Ah! You're the expert. Um, Jay... if you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?" Carlos asked, sounding very nervous all of a sudden.

"Listen, all you got to do... is look like me." Jay grinned. I rolled my eyes playfully but turned to Carlos.

"Who do you plan on asking?" I asked, smiling warmly as my best friend. He smiled as his cheeks reddened.