Chapter Twenty Six-M

Hiiiiiii everyone!!!!! It's been a minute since I've updated and I'm so sorry, finals happened and it was so stressful but IM BACK!!! Thank you to everyone who's been reading and supporting this book!💗 This chapter is dedicated to Slay_cece💗
-Leslie💞

*********

HEIDI

I glanced at Ben who was glaring at Asher, who still seemed to be oblivious to the awkward tension in the room.

Just when it couldn't get worse, Carlos and the others came in and immediately put two and two together.

"Heidi? What the hell?" Jay and Carlos asked in sync, I threw them a look and just went to go sit down across from everyone.

Why is everyone saying the complete opposite of what really happened with Ben and I? Why did Mal say Ben and I were basically married?

"I need to go on a walk, Asher let's go." I mumbled out before hurrying myself out of the door, Asher following quickly. I heard the others say something but I grabbed Ashers hand and sprinted down the alley.

After a few minutes of running I finally slowed us down and just walked quietly next to Asher.

"Asher...? What's happening?" I finally asked, I was so confused, why don't I feel anything when I look at Asher? It's like my brain is telling me that I love him but my heart isn't, my heart just hurts.

"I don't know, but maybe it's just something on the Isle? Some sick joke they're playing on us since we came without letting anyone know." Asher spoke softly, but it seemed he wasn't even convinced of his words.

Before I could reply I heard some clicking noise, like someone-

"Well, well, well... look what we have here. Y'er even more gorgeous in person." I turned quickly and saw a pirate? It was a guy leaning against the outside of a food shack.

I looked at him over quickly but before I could turn and walk away I felt someone cover my mouth and nose with a rag and immediately tried to push them away. I panicked as I felt my vision become blurry and my head became light. I looked to Asher and saw him with a rag covering his face as well but my world quickly became dark as I fell limp.

**************

"You idiots! You know she could kill us in less than a second! What is wrong with you? I said grab the guy not the Queen of the damn Underworld!" A girls voice boomed and as I let my vision adjust to the light I saw a girl with blue and dark streaks in her hair, which was in tons of little braids.

I tried rubbing my eyes but found myself unable to move, am I tied up? I looked down and found out that I was, in fact tied up. Where's Asher?

At the sudden thought of him I quickly looked around me, it seemed I was on a boat, and Asher was across from me still fast asleep.