Chapter Thirty Eight

Heidi

Heidi

"What the hell happened to her?"

I asked as I looked at Jay for answers. Mal was now a very, very, very old lady. I would have laughed, I should have, but after having the best sex ever, I was reminded that Kronos was on his way to kill all of us.

How exciting.

And now, Audrey wanted to make me pay for 'stealing' Ben from her.

When did life become a life or death situation with added drama?

"Audrey happened." Jay replied, immediately coming over to stand next to me. He smiled down softly at me, as if knowing how much heartbreak I was currently feeling.

I smiled back but then registered his words.

Audrey must have made a pit stop here.

"Audrey's out for revenge, and all of Auradon is in danger." Mal said in her old lady voice.

"Obviously." I replied, she looked my way but I ignored her stare. Evie knew better than to try talking to me right now.

"The only thing more powerful
than the scepter... is Hades' ember." Mal said looking down right away.

No one said a word for a few seconds until Jay finally spoke up.

I mean I could stop Audrey but that's honestly not on the top of my list right now.

"Like he's just gonna hand
it over, give them back to the Isle."

"And no one knows where his lair is." Evie said looking at Mal.

"I do." One of the new VK kids said. I looked at her and narrowed my eyes.

"I'm his errand rat. I've got the key at my dad's." She said as she walked over to Mal.

"You are coming." Mal said to the curly haired girl.

"But I just got here." The girl whined. Before we could answer the other three kids came outside.

"Mal?" The younger girl asked but screamed once she saw Mal's appearance.

I let out a small laugh at her reaction causing Jay to hold back his laugh from next to me.

"Dizzy, stay here to take care of the twins. We'll be right back and everything will be just fine." Evie said directions them inside.

"Okay, Heidi are you coming?" Jay asked from beside me.

"Yes." I replied simply. I might as well see my dad one last time before Kronos makes it to Mount Olympus, maybe my dad could help.