Chapter Seven

Heidi

"Come on. Check your mirror." Mal said to Evie.

"Is my mascara smudged?" Evie gasped checking quickly. I let out a small laugh.

"Yeah. And, hey, while you're at it, why don't you see if you can find us the wand?" Mal replied sarcastically.

"Sure. This way."

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay asked Mal, choking back a laugh. I looked at it, these boys are so dumb.

"Yeah, It's kinda dorky." Carlos laughed out beside me.

"It's magic. It doesn't have to look scary." Mal defended.

"Magic spindle, do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger." Mal spoke reading her spell book as the security guard turned and just stared at her mother's spinning wheel.

"Impressive." Jay whispered laughing.

"I got chills." Carlos snickered making me elbow him and glared. He just smiled but left Mal alone.

"Okay, you know what? 'Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep'." Mal tried again and this time the guard stood up and pricked his finger, sending him into sleep.

"Not so dorky now, huh?" Mal smirked closing her book. I could have easily transported myself and unlocked the door from the inside but I let them handle it, they needed the practice.

"Stand back." Jay announced backing up and running towards the door.

"Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick." Mal quickly said the next spell, opening the door easily.

"Ahh!" Jay shouted as he flew threw the empty space where the door was supposed to be. I laughed along with the rest.

"Coming?" Mal asked in a mocking voice.

"Come on, Jay." Carlos tried helping him up but was only pushed away.

"I'm good." Jay mumbled.

"He's just trying to help." I spoke up laughing quickly and start following the others.

We passed through a couple exhibits before walking into a room full of ex villains, Carlos and his friends' parents. They all went stiff and silent, looking at each of their parent, I could see they were all in fear.

"Mommy?"

"Killer"

"I will never forget mother's day again."

I snickered at what Carlos said, poor boy.

"Well, the wand's not here. Let's bounce. Let's go." Jay said quickly, obviously wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. Evie, Carlos, Jay and I left the room, I saw Mal standing still as she looked at her mother, pretty sure she needs some alone time.

We walked into another room, the exhibition designated for the Greek Gods, I kept a straight face, knowing that up in Mount Olympus I was being watched by the council.

"Woah...." Jay mumbled looking around.

Woah indeed.

All around us, the most famous Greek Gods stood in all their fake glory, Zeus holding his signature weapon, his Lighting Bolt. I kept my gaze on him, wishing it was real so I could hurt him.

"Heidi....? Is this your...?" Carlos asked carefully, watching my every move.

"No it's not my family, they are just gods who happen to have the same genetics as me." I replied, keeping my eyes on Zeus.