Chapter Twenty Seven

A/N
Hiiiii everyone!!!! I know it's been a minute since I've updated and I'm so so sorry but January is already an extremely busy/hard month for me and I was just trying to get through the month as best as I could. I'm 18 now and I'm so so happy but extremely scared at what's to come next. Don't worry though! This book is a piece of my heart and I will continue to update and hopefully more daily!💗

Ben

I caught her before she could fall back on the bed and let out a little breath I hadn't realized I've been holding. I had her back in my arms but did she even love me? What happened when she was over here? Why are her eyes black?

"Ben hurry!" I heard Carlos from outside and held Heidi closer to me, I don't know what happened but whoever did this to her will pay their consequences.

I hurried out of the room and off the ship, I realized the fight was almost done and they were about to give them the fake wand. I caught sight of Asher and couldn't help but feel angry, Heidi kissed him, Heidi was with that pirate, but throughout all these things, I knew my Heidi wouldn't do that to me on purpose.

Asher glanced at me with Heidi in my arms and just looked as if he was conflicting with himself. Something else happened to them... I don't know what but they seem so confused. Asher's eyes were black as well, the strange thing was, each time he opened his eyes they seemed more brown for a few seconds until they were overcome with the darker color.

We sprinted to the limo and I heard the group of pirates shout angrily as we left them behind.

About 2 or so minutes of running we make it to the limo and jump in. Asher gets pushed in first and then I follow, the others hopping in behind me and Jay takes off driving.

We all sit in silence for a few seconds until Carlos speaks up.

"What happened to them....?"

It wasn't directed at anyone but he was just voicing what all of us were thinking. What happened to Asher? What happened to Heidi?

I glanced at Mal and saw her staring at Heidi, regret full on her features.

"Do you know who did this?" I asked her. At first I didn't recognize my own voice. I sounded different, my voice was strained and my throat felt like it was forcing the words out.

"No... I found them knocked out in an alley by our old hide out." She replied looking away quickly.

"Ben... relax." Evie tried reaching for me but I glared at her, why is she trying to comfort me when I have my girl in my arms?

"Once we get back to Auradon I want Mal to make sure Asher recovers well and if he remembers anything about what happened to Heidi and himself I must be informed immediately. I will stay with Heidi until further notice and we will continue with her cotillion, Carlos let Godmother know she is in charge of the rest." I said after a few minutes of silence and thinking.

I need to make sure Heidi wakes up and I will do whatever I can to help her remember.

I saw them all nod and finally, I turned to Asher who looked to be deep in thought.

"If you remember anything... please let me know. I know you have feelings for her, but I also know you wouldn't go behind my back and force her to do anything with you." I said, I saw his eyes turn brown for a few seconds as he nodded but as soon as it appeared it disappeared.

I nodded and left them to get off on their own. I needed to get Heidi to her room.

I looked down at her and saw her fast asleep without a worry in the world. What had happened back on the Isle? What's really going on?

I walked in silence and when the familiar door came into view I quickened my pace and pushed the door open, I hadn't locked it when we left earlier because I was in a hurry.

Setting her down on the bed I took her shoes off and covered her with a soft blanket, and then went to go lock the door.

I debated on laying next to her but decided not to and just went to go lay down on the small couch across her room. I needed to know what happened but Asher doesn't remember and he seems to be in his own world now.

I heard Heidi move around a bit before she began to sit up. Without thinking I rushed to her and pulled her into my arms. I felt her stiffen but she didn't push me away.

I knew in this moment I would continue to love her until the day I died, I would help her remember our love and the person she grew to be no matter the cost, I would help her from the beginning and help her fall in love with me all over again if I had to... because she was the woman I loved, the goddess I fell in love with the moment I saw her in my dream and no one will ever take her from me, no matter how hard they try.

*******************

HEIDI

I felt my heart race as I was pulled into a hug not even a second after sitting up, the weird part was, my body froze but it's as if I was so used to this embrace, I longed for this and I don't know why.

After a few seconds I gently pulled away and realized it was Ben who had hugged me. I felt like I belonged in his arms but he's with Audrey, right?

"Ben why did you do that? Why do you keep doing these things that make no sense if you're with someone else?" I asked him, my voice cracking slightly from how soar my throat was.

"I'm not with anyone else Heidi." He said after a long moment of thinking. I glanced up at him and felt my breath catch in my throat, his brown eyes looked right into my blue ones and I felt so many emotions come over me at once.

Confusion.

Ben moved a little closer, picked up my left hand and wrapped both of his around it.

Loneliness.

He lifted up my hand and kissed my ring finger gently.

Anger.

His eyes met mine again and it's like all those emotions suddenly disappeared. All I could feel was one thing.

Love.

"Can I do something?" He whispered.

I was quiet for a moment, but decided to trust my heart, I don't know what the truth truly is, but I know Ben is not lying to me.

"Yes."

Without another word, he moved closer and cupped my face in both his hands. This voice in my head was screaming at me to pull away, to kill him for coming this close to me, but it was like this other voice was whispering out to me, to trust him.

I closed my eyes and once his lips met mine I felt every memory come rushing in.

The letter.

His dream.

The first time we met.

Sneaking around.

Our first date.

Our promises.

Our love.

And finally... I realized what had happened.

Aphrodite.

********************
A/N

Hiiiiii!!!!💗💗 I am so so sorry once again for the long wait, I WILL finish this story because I still have so much of this love story to tell!🥺 -Leslie