Chapter Twenty Four

**PLAY SONG WHILE READING THIS CHAPTER!!!!**

*The song is 'I am not a woman, I'm a god' by Halsey*

This is probably my favorite chapter I've written so far! That song literally fits Heidi's persona so perfectly and EVERYTHING is about to change. ~Leslie

**************

Mal

I watched as Evie and the others laughed as they ate lunch, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep and I couldn't help but feel sick to my stomach. I didn't belong here, I belong on the Isle.

"Hey Mal, you okay?" Evie asked snapping me out of my thoughts. I gave her a tight smile and nodded.

"Yeah, I just feel kind of sick, I think I'm going to go lay down, I'll see you later, yeah?" I told her, I had to leave, I had to go back to the Isle, I couldn't breath here.

"Okay?" She replied, but gave me her comforting smile. I had to leave before anyone realizes. I had to leave before Heidi realizes, she always tried to help me feel included. It meant more than anything, but I had to go back to where I belong.

I kept telling myself this, but in reality, I was trying to escape the truth.

Heidi was going to find out soon and she's going to hate me for not telling her.

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

Heidi

It was around 10 at night now, Ben had been called around 8 and was still with his father arranging some things for the kingdom.

I had to leave now before he came back, I wrote him a quick note, my tears littered across the paper. I knew it was going to hurt him but the Underworld came before anything, I had to make sure nothing threatened it, nothing threatened Mount Olympus, and nothing threatened Auradon.

I left the note on my vanity table and got my backpack, I'd only be gone for a day or two, then I'll be back, and I can continue this life with Ben.

*********

Third Person POV

"Are you sure this is what you want to do...? She's happy now, why interfere with her?" Circe, the goddess of potions and herbs asked the other goddess in front of her.

"Yes, she is evil and I will not stand by and let her put on a show." Aphrodite hissed, her eyes watching Circe mix the potion in front of her, the potion which will cause Heidi to forget about the new person she's become, the potion which will make her forget about her love for Ben. Aphrodite being the goddess of love, will make Heidi fall in love, a forced, blind love, which will cause Heidi to loose herself and with the help of this potion, Heidi will forget all about her love for Ben and for herself.

"She does not seem evil. I believe you are letting your jealousy get the better of you Aphrodite, this was a mistake. I should not have made this." Circe spoke quickly, but before she could destroy the potion, Aphrodite reacted quickly.

"How foolish of you." Aphrodite spoke sweetly, her hands wrapping themselves around Circe's neck. As the other goddess gasped for air, Aphrodite threw her away from the boiling potion.

Circe clawed at Aphrodite but did not succeed.

Aphrodite pinned Circe down, and with one final wicked smile, she dug her long slit nail into Circe's neck and dragged it across.

The life in Circe's eyes slowly faded and as she lay struggling to breath, Aphrodite wiped the blood from her hands and walked to where the potion sat boiling.