Chapter Thirty Six

helllooooo!!!!! I know I've been completely gone for a little while and I'm so sorry! I began my first year of college during the summer and I can successfully say I am drained. Playing college soccer and being a full time student will overwork your entire body.

I also want to say a huge THANK YOU so everyone who comments and votes! 🥹 You all motivate me to continue writing even on my worst days. This one is for all of you.💛

With that cleared up, let's pick up where we left off!  -Leslie♥︎

******

Heidi

After a few moments of thinking over everything I just found out, I got up and threw up everything I had in my stomach into the toilet.

Tears burned at my eyes and my throat ached, I felt like my heart had been broken and my soul was ripped out of me.

Everything I had been brought to believe growing up was a complete lie. My father had been alive and trapped on a island full of villains. Kronos, is literally on his way to murder all of the other gods, and then myself as well.

What happened to happily ever afters?

Before I could get up to brush my teeth and wash my face the bathroom door burst open, revealing a very distraught Ben.

"You're here." He breathed out in relief.

I opened my mouth to reply but the events from earlier replayed in my mind, making me break eye contact with him.

I pushed him away in my state of confusion and let myself believe they all betrayed me.

The sound of the toilet flushing made me snap back to reality, as well as a familiar grip on my hand that pulled me to my feet.

Without another word said between us, Ben helped me undress and turned on the shower.

The hot water on my face made me sigh in relief, my tears mixing with the water running down my cheeks.

A few seconds later Ben handed me my toothbrush with toothpaste and began to help me scrub my hair and body.

When I was done brushing my teeth a few times, I looked up and saw Ben with his sleeves rolled up and a few tears running down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry."

I barely heard myself over the running water but I knew I didn't have to repeat myself.

Without replying Ben helped me clean my face as I cleaned his carefully, wiping away the dry tears.

After drying myself, Ben helped me change into some comfortable clothes and walked us over to my bed.

Silently pulling me onto his lap, he finally spoke up.

"You never need to apologize to me. I understand why you left, all I hope now is for you to let me help you."

His words made my heart hurt.

How selfless can he be?

"I left you, and I promised I would never do that again. I wasn't here to protect you in those few hours and I don't know what could've happened, I..." I spoke, my voice breaking in the end.

"You protected us when your father tried to escape, I don't know what he would've done had he escaped, but I know you would have protected us either ways. I promise you, I didn't know he was on that Isle... I would have let you know if I did." Ben said as he traced the palm of my hand gently.

"Why would they lie to me...?" I whispered, feeling myself crumble all over again.

"I don't know... but you have to be strong. I know your mind is everywhere right now but you have to remain composed and together I promise we'll find out all the answers." Ben whispered pulling me to his chest as he hugged me tightly.