29 ▪︎▪︎▪︎ I will cross the line, just a little

CONSOLIDATION•

Weeks before, the semi-finals term, the salem ended, Their classmates and almost thirds of the whole school was gone.

Faculties and a whole faction gone. Mints collectively acquired the assets of the perpetrators by sheer force and loads of money. No one could say a thing.

The whole green color was held accountable to the fault of that little group in trying to sabotage and destroy the king system thru leak of information, going for candidates and other students. Threatening the safety and credibility of the university.

Green was so sure some other house instigated the attack.

Not only the candidates but an unseemly amount of dropouts and intentional flunking happened within the school under some threats, blackmailing and more.

This also shows the weakness of a color to protect their own that Minho witnessed and dug through every single colors, with his very own eyes, thus, whites and reds are given due punishments collectively.

Only black color we're marked safely even through the boards and mints deliberation.

Manipulation of the boards through any means is prohibited but a few collected greens strategized and organized the attack to remove specific students on various methods. All monitored and paid.

The sad truth is every color has done those things, not all of them is innocent, but still cannot be compared to the extent greens had gone for, and what separates them from the other not-so-bad houses, is that they weren't caught.

Good and powerful enough kings that knows how to handle their internal affairs and implement their systems, will always come out clean at the ends of salem.

Green was wiped out.

Not everyone was expelled but the color dissolved and it's up to the other colors to adopt them or leave them factionless.

It was a long process, taxing to the mints while maintaining their normal classes, to be honest.

They are promised a vacation on a private island by Lino after the semester for weeks, a bonus perks if they increase their over all point gap at the finals and end of the semester.

Minho is used to managing his salems, he's been at it since the experimental stage at their junior and middle school. He never failed to get at the top.

No, he only dropped once.

And this time, it's different.

In the meantime, Jisung and Hyunjin, had been taking turns watching over Seungmin for a week, before he is fully responsive.

Jisung is even conflicted on how he ended up being affiliated with the two, yes, they're friends, back then. Yes, he did get caught up during Midterms. Minho hasn't said anything since then and just accompany and listen to him every time. But Minho has been distant or just busy during these days.

Seungmin is-

He's well.

He was recovering.

Soon they discharged him after the full recovery of injuries and test results came back with positive news. The time when he finally spoke.

"Jisung? You're here..." Seungmin weakly called out. He saw Jisung reading a book quietly on the sofa a few meters away from his bed, a hospital bed. Jearing the voice, made Jisung jump and frantically throwing his book, standing up rushing to call the nurses with the button.