16▪︎▪︎▪︎I approach you and ask you.

AWARENESS•

"Han Jisung, Hwang Hyunjin.''

The instructor called out as he pulled three lots and opened them all at once. Hyunjin shrugged at hearing his own name being called right after Jisung.

"Contemporary.''

Oh no.

Fuck no.

Minho looked at Jisung with surprise, Jisung just stared at Hyunjin knowing that they had to brave this storm. Jisung just sighed and patted Minho's shoulders as he stood up, went to Hyunjin because the professor asked every pair to start conceptualizing their presentations right away and talk it out.

Minho grabbed Jisung's hand with a serious face, pulling him back, worried.Minho knew he shouldn't stop him, but he doesn't want Jisung to go there.

Just don't.

They can ask the professor to draw lots again.

Don't go there, please.

"I'll be fine. Trust me, babe.'' Jisung said firmly, nodding before Minho's grips loosened and let Jisung go,

Minho let go.

Minho just watched him walk away.

He's in no position to make decisions for him.

He almost didn't hear what Jisung told him. Jisung didn't even look back when he went and sat beside Hyunjin who could see everything from across the room, the desperation was written on Minho's face, frantic and alarmed, it's satisfying and felt like a triumph. He planned to be the one to approach if Jisung didn't come to cooperate, but much to his surprise Jisung got up before he could.

Jisung sneaked glances at him from time to time during lecture and then just waved, giving him a reassuring smile when he had the chance to. The midterm's practical examinations for dance class is a showcase. They got three weeks to prepare and the choreography must be reviewed by the advisers. Jisung just dropped defeated to the corner where Hyunjin sits, did a cross-legged sit and flopped down a few spaces in distance beside his ex quietly.

Radio Silence.

"So...''

"Any ideas?'' Hyunjin casually spoke avoiding eye contact, and flipping his notes. Hyunjin took a peek and saw that he now seemed much better and the boy twiddling his fingers as he thinks.

"Earth-to-Jisung."

"Oh, shut up and let me think."

....

Jisung's aura has been different ever since he met him here, he really is glowing these days.

"Come on, man."

"Don't come on me, Hyun." The nickname rolled on Jisung's tongue and Hyunjin can't help but get a wave of familiarity that pushes him past to everything he is holding back. It seemed so natural. Jisung just calling him 'Hyun'.

"Mirroring?'' Jisung said while he spaced out looking at the other pairs and Felix trying to communicate with him through miming but completely ignored the pink haired. Jisung floats. He doesn't know how he's even gonna endure this.

"Okay.'' Hyunjin kept still, minded his distance, and wrote it in his notebook.

Hyunjin, peeked at Jisung who's just a few feet beside him, taken aback at his relaxed atmosphere as the sun shines directly on his attractive face, he is radiant with the help of the sun, the blond locks shimmering as if glitters are sprinkled all over, the boy who suddenly turned to him with his usual innocent and doe-eyed look and Hyunjin turned away, it felt nostalgic, God, how he wished to see him again and run his fingers on the boy's neck, he's picturing the things they used to do.