2 ▪︎▪︎▪︎ Close

HELLO, STRANGER•

The rain got heavier.

The noise around got canceled by the trickling waters, the passing cars, and the voices of people were like white noises surrounding and clogging his ears. Jisung is drenched in the cold rain as he walked on the street not knowing where to go.

He doesn't know where to go.

His home was taken away from him.

Hyunjin

His now empty house won't console him at all, Bleak and empty. He'd rather stay out in these streets. It is supposed to be freezing yet he didn't feel the cold that's hugging his body. He crossed the roads aimlessly and continued wandering and pondering about like a walking corpse.

He ended up on an empty sidewalk. Empty. empty.

Streetlights buzzing on and off. Jisung cried heavily as the drizzle got harder, sobbing continuously as he kept being reminded of the scenes he saw as he followed the two around. Relishing the ache at every kiss that he bears in his mind, at every touch, at every word he said, every single moment they shared.

All those promises.

Where do I go from here?

Jisung felt like he just lost a fraction of his life. He did lost it. Hyunjin already have a piece of him, like a mother would to a son, that's how he sees it. Like flesh and blood. It's too much. He was his sole family.

All the time, days, and years he spent with his bestfriend and lover. The moment Jisung ended up alone after his parents died. Hyunjin had always been there for him.

Hyunjin found him.

His steps didn't know where it took him until he just dropped down in the cobblestones of that pavement and crouched, hugging his knees, curling in his cries.

His mind is already foggy enough. Drowning in his emotions. Soon enough, Jisung felt the rain stop. He couldn't care less.

No, never mind, He looked up, bewildered for a second, stunned. It was a strange umbrella. He didn't want to pay attention to the umbrella, focused in processing his emotions instead. welling up all the tears he could muster, disguised on the rain. Yet the loud sobs didn't conceal them, He continued as if he's mourning.

"Whatever it is, let it out.''

Jisung heard a voice. It was a little too soft for a man. Thin and comforting, the presence can easily be drowned on the pouring rain but Jisung can hear him

"Then you can continue crying tomorrow." The voice said gently, it was almost sung.

Jisung thought it was such an uncommon statement to soothe someone but okay, or maybe he just couldn't think or comprehend anything. The stranger continued shielding him from the rain despite being already drenched, on a sidewalk beside passing cars.

"If it's still too much, then save it for another day. Cry again, you'll be fine sooner or later. You can always cry."

Indeed, such a gentle tone, comforting even, but the voice seemed as equally empty and monotone. The stranger seemed to mean it as if he was comforting himself too.

It made Jisung lose his attention to why he is crying for a moment. His curiosity with the stranger grew, and as soon as he registered the phrases in his head he sank, and melted on it, he clung to it for a purpose. He didn't need those words, yet it gave him a bit of clarity. It made him cry more but it did feel a bit better even if the pain is still progressing.