Chapter 2- Paige

That's when I saw him...

He was standing at the corner of the gym building, looking around at the many people rushing to their numbers. He stood alone, just watching as the world went by and it made me admire him from that moment.

"Kurt!" Dana yelled as she ran to him, waving her arm. He smiled as he looked up and saw her. She quickly enveloped him in a hug, catching him off guard. A twinge of jealousy ran through my very core as I watched him wrap his arms around her. Dana waved me over to her excitedly.

I stopped by her side, looking down so as to not stare at this boy. "Hi... I'm Paige..." I muttered.

"That's a wonderful name. I'm Kurtis, but everyone just calls me Kurt." He told me nervously. I glanced up and saw his hazel eyes locked onto me. My face grew dangerously hot as I turned my head back down.

As we sat down on our numbers to wait for the teacher, I watched Kurt stand in front of the class as an outsider. Occasionally, he would look in my direction and I would quickly turn my head away. We were soon sent off to play basketball in our teams and due to the even numbers, Kurt was to choose whichever team he wanted for the day. I watched as he immediately strolled over to me.

"Do you mind if I join here?" He asked politely.

"Oh not at all." I exclaimed. "I just thought you would want to be on Dana's team."

"No, I wanted to see you." He confessed with a blush. "I-If you don't mind that is."

"I don't!" I quickly replied. "I don't mind I mean."

"That's good." He smiled.

Class went on just as the game. Although he was tall enough to be a good basketball player, he was just as clumsy as me. The other teammates eventually resumed to keep the ball to themselves and let us pretend to play. By the time class finished, we were both panting and trying to catch our breath. He really isn't an athlete. I quickly dressed and headed outside to wait. Once I opened the door, I saw the boy standing awkwardly to the side.

"Kurt? What are you doing?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to catch you before the bell rang." He admitted as he scratched the back of his neck. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Oh... Sure." I began to play with a strand of my hair nervously.

"I was wondering if you... No, no I'm being ridiculous. You're just going to say no anyways." He sighed sadly.

"Ask anyways. Maybe I won't." I spoke up nervously.

"Well I want to get to know you better. And well... maybe not as a friend." He admitted.

"Not a friend? Then what?" I asked.

"A girlfriend." With a dark red blush, he blurted. "Would you go out with me?"

"Yes." I said.

"I told you that y- wait, what?" He looked into my eyes.

"I said yes." My eyes met his gaze.

"Is Saturday good? Are there any movies you want to see? Do-" The bell interrupted him mid sentence.

"Meet me after school by the music building. We'll discuss it later." I kissed his cheek and ran off to class. I just kissed him... Oh my...