Chapter 30- Paige

“Are you sure she doesn’t know you're here?” Kurt held his arms to his stomach. Brushing some sweat from his brow, he stuttered,  “W-We could have just done this over the phone.”

“And Dana would have read the messages. This is our safest bet.” I took his hand and pushed him back onto the bed with me. Pulling his chin up to look him in the eyes, I showed him a soft smile, “It’ll all be fine once we figure this out. We’ll be ok.”

He smiled softly for a moment before shaking his head, “Ok, ok. You’re right.”

“We have to figure out how to get them back together first though.” My head drooped lower with each word. The minutes passed by and I huffed, falling back onto the bed.

My nerd leaned back onto his elbow and looked at me with a gleam in his eye. “Having trouble?”

“Yes.” I thrust my bottom lip out. “They’re such stubborn people, it’ll be almost almost impossible to make them talk again. Maybe we should just lock them in a room together.”

“You know as well as I do that they would just rip each other’s throats out. They need a better, more romantic way of seeing the other’s feelings.” He leaned in a softly kissed my forehead. “Now isn’t there some dance coming up?”

“Well there is the Winterball thing… But I wasn’t going to go what with Winterguard and all.” I admitted.

“Please.” He intertwined his fingers together in front of his chest. “I need you there with me.”

“This sounds like a plot to just take me to the dance without getting Dana on your ass?” I laughed.

Relaxing from the stiff pose, he took my hand carefully, “Maybe it is. And it may be the solution to our problem. We say we already bought tickets and get them to go with us so that we aren’t alone. You’ll bring Dana and I bring Will. Then I’ll ask you to one dance, making them be alone together on the dance floor. They’ll make small talk until they finally make up. And then I re-ask you out in front of half the school and make you my queen.”

“You are such a dork.” I told the boy as the corners of my eyes crinkled.

His lips brushed against my own, happiness rushed through me. He muttered to me in a gruff voice, “I’ll happily be a dork as long as I’m your dork.” My heart beat faster as I pulled the boy closer by his shirt and met my lips with his. Warmth radiated off of the boy, providing a comforting feel. He rested a hand on my cheek, completely giving himself to me and my momentous desires. I knew at that moment that I could do anything and he wouldn’t fight it. My fingers ached as the need to touch every part of him grew. We quickly broke apart to catch our breath. I was on an emotional high, feeling light headed with his love for me. I knew then that I would do anything to keep Kurt in my heart.

"I love you." I looked into his stormy grey eyes, yearning to see his hidden thoughts and desires.

"And I love you too." His eyes softened as he gazed back at mine. I scooted up and laid my head into one of the pillows. Kurt wrapped his arms around me as he brought me closer, my head in the crook of his neck. He chuckled as I felt him move his glasses to the top off his head.